emergency!!!!! vw garage near newport

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
hi everyone

can anyone recommend a garage in south wales near cwmbran/newport?? brakes died on the way over from london and need to drive back on monday, so need to get them fixed tomorrow or i'll be faced with train fares gallor getting back and then coming back to pick my van up. or anyone mobile who could help me out.

all help very very much appreciated!

Lawrence

olance said:
hi everyone

can anyone recommend a garage in south wales near cwmbran/newport?? brakes died on the way over from london and need to drive back on monday, so need to get them fixed tomorrow or i'll be faced with train fares gallor getting back and then coming back to pick my van up. or anyone mobile who could help me out.

all help very very much appreciated!

Lawrence

Do you know what the problem is? and where are you currently?

i'm in cwmbran, quite close to the town centre. was travelling down the motorway and the brakes went very soft but are now back to normal. it was in the garage recently for something else and they told me the servo had gone which is on the cards to be replaced very soon anyway so don't know if that has anything to do with it. the AA guy reckoned it could be something to do with the master cylinder if the brakes went and have returned once cooled down.

olance said:
i'm in cwmbran, quite close to the town centre. was travelling down the motorway and the brakes went very soft but are now back to normal. it was in the garage recently for something else and they told me the servo had gone which is on the cards to be replaced very soon anyway so don't know if that has anything to do with it. the AA guy reckoned it could be something to do with the master cylinder if the brakes went and have returned once cooled down.

Although I'm local I don't know of any local garages as I do all my own maintenance, you are welcome to use my tools/driveway if you want? or I can bring tools down to Cwmbran if that helps?

i'm mechanically incompetent so not much help i'm afraid but thanks for the offer. will do some more investigation.

cheers

olance said:
i'm mechanically incompetent so not much help i'm afraid but thanks for the offer. will do some more investigation.

cheers

I've text Faux on here and hes suggested two garages, Keith Watkins in Magor and Whitchurch MOT near Symonds Yat.
Magor is down by the M4 so probably a better bet as Symonds yat is further north of you, think this is the place:
http://www.poolgarage.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy to have a drive over tomorrow morning and have a look first to see if its anything obvious.

will give them a call first thing tomorrow and see if they can help me out. if you fancy coming over to cwbran for a cuppa and a look, appreciated. i take it you're fairly close.

olance said:
will give them a call first thing tomorrow and see if they can help me out. if you fancy coming over to cwbran for a cuppa and a look, appreciated. i take it you're fairly close.

yeah 15 minutes away, sounds like its probably a sticky/seized disk or drum, once it heats up it will boil the brake fluid making them spongy, cools off & things are ok again.
PM me your address & phone number, will give you a shout in the morning.

pedal went right down to the floor at one stage, no brake at all - fortunately this was after i had stopped. does this help narrow thing s down?

olance said:
pedal went right down to the floor at one stage, no brake at all - fortunately this was after i had stopped. does this help narrow thing s down?

Could be master cylinder too I guess, would think that just pumping it while static (& cold) would show that as a problem if its dodgy?

Give Mark Lewis at the Howling Wolf SpeedShop a call.. he's no more than 20 minutes from Cwmbran..

he's Oslomark69 on here..

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shorty said:
Give Mark Lewis at the Howling Wolf SpeedShop a call.. he's no more than 20 minutes from Cwmbran..

he's Oslomark69 on here..

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good point! should know that as I only work a short distance from him!!

I'm open all weekend dude
Mark howling wolf
07790 474583
Give us a bell
I'll be there from 8.30
NP123SW
Unit e 1
St David's ind est
Blackwood

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0ure3w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks to one and all. pick up truck on the way to take me to Howling Wolf's Speed Shop, Mark on the way to get parts, we may well be back on the road today. yehaah!!

5ac21563.jpg

Good luck hope he fixes it!

Latest posts