Engine bay roof/ceiling Lining boards

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dveedub

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to source the fibre type paneling sections that line the ceiling of the engine bay.

Non of the main parts distributors seem to sell them so I am thinking that they are not currently produced.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on if these can still be sourced or if there are any templates for making your own panels?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.

I tried this, tar boards.
In the end I went with some self adhesive rubber backed, foil fronted noise reduction foam from woolies, bought a sheet for £70 made some card board templates then cut it to size, works well, don't know if it's quieter but I'd like to think so, engine bay looks cleaner though :lol:

How about peg board painted black. Thats how mine is.

Rackhams did do them though http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=39940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rackhams only sold the 71 onwards ones, the 68-70 ones are different.

The later ones are a better design for sound blocking and are handy for installing an auto fire extinguisher through the holes. They just need a slight tweak to make them fit.

Thanks for your input everyone, you have given me some things to go on, so much appreciated Folks :)

I'd really like to hear what others have done as its a job i intend to do over the winter. Ideally i'd like something that smartens up the engine bay, blocks a bit of noise, is fire retardant and looks as original as possible. I don't want much do i? :lol:

As always photo's of your efforts would be appreciated.

Mark

Dveedub , sorry to hijack the thread but I think we're after the same end result.

Other than melt dripping tar onto a burning engine, what's not to like!

OK - mine haven't got 'em - someone must have got rid over the years - never really seen another engine bay in detail to compare!