Engine only runing one side

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had you been doing anything to the engine prior to this problem?
When did you last drive it, was it ok then?

Rich

Is it definitely only firing on one side? Have you pulled leads off one at a time to check?
Could be bad connection on ht leads on dizzy cap , make sure they are pushed right in also leads might be the wrong way round on that side so they are firing at the wrong time.
If not that it could be knackered plug although wouldnt expect two to go at the same time.

Other causes could be down to low compression. Causes could be wrong valve gaps, loose heads or knackered piston and or rings.

Hi,

Are you running the standard Solex 34 PICT 3, or a twin carb setup like the Weber 34 ICT?

I assume standard, maybe check the rubber boot from the manifold to the alloy bent pipe (15) going to the heads, this boot could be split?

113-129-701.jpg

Number 12 on the picture.

Might be something random like the dizzy cap not clipped on quite right? :?: As already mentioned, check spark plugs and leads. I had a misfire on front right cylinder once, turned out to be a brand new plug which failed after a few weeks...I always keep in the van a spare set, and a coil, and dizzy, points.....etc :roll: :lol:

Good luck, and post up your findings!

Cheers,

Alistair

I had this, It turns out that the ht leads were swapped on the 1 and 2 sides, after doing a static time, with the cap off and the pulley wheel at TDC make sure the rotor is pointing at the 1 cylinder lead.

pointers to this is the smell of excess fuel, and rough idle. or just swap the two leads from the side that isnt firing and see what happens

Latest posts