Engine rebuild wiring

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raveboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Microbus
Ok dubchaps, :party0021: :party0053:

Just put the rebuilt engine back into Arthur and am a little confused as to the wiring. I bought a new coil (See below)
But it only has + & - terminals on it - Not 1 & 15. So what wire go's where - I have the green wire from the dist, the black
wire from the main loom and the red wire from fuel cut off solinoid and choke. Also what are peoples opinions on this cheap coil
- Is it crap and should I have gone for a more expensive one.

Another thing I noticed as well is that the heavy fat + battery wire (Comes straight from battery) is connected directly to the
starter solenoid with no apparent connection to the generator. Would I be right in saying that i should have a fairly heavy
connection from the B+ terminal on the regulator going direct to the + on the battery as well ?

Cheers in advance for you help and views peeps

Rave :party0046:

_cfimg-2391624272407916060.jpg

02082011296.jpg

green dizzy wire goes to - on coil,black and feed to carb and fuel cut off to+ .as you have a dynamo the wire goes from voltage reg to battary pos,or it could go to starter terminal.obviusly you have wires conected to the dynamo?

Thanks 67, Just the info i needed. I queried the dynamo battery connections because I could not see how the battery was charged. Currently the medium fat red lead from the dynamo goes to the voltage regulator with no apparent connection to the battery. The main fat positive lead goes direct to the starter solinoid. I think I may run a fat lead from the regulator back to the battery positive just to make sure it's chargin properly :poke:

ta Rave :party0046:

Battery +ve goes straight to the starter solenoid, and the battery is charged back through the other cable that runs from the solenoid connection to the voltage regulator. You don't need another connection between the battery terminal and regulator.

Thanks wig - I'll leave it as is then. 1st start up tomorrow :fighting0030: :fighting0030:
Gotta make sure timings right.

Latest posts