Erde single wheel trailer - you likey?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Hi all, nearly finished sprucing up my little single wheeler.Just thouht I'd share it with you so far...
It was made by Erde of France and these were produced between 1950 - 1960. I've yet to see another in this country,but would like to know if there is more.Through serching the web & sites such as http://www.singlewheel.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , they seem pretty rare.
I've painted it 'Lotus white' to match the bus.took it apart, stripped it down to bare metal.I made the wooden sides for a more vintage look,and it even has a white wall 8) I've matched the jadet mudflap to those on the bus.All in all,I'm very pleased so far. I have to put the rear bumper back on. The lights are a combined tail/stop/reflector repo of an old wipac motor bike lamp used on the bsa bantam.The paint work needs a little touching up & since the pics were taken I've had the hitch plate powder coated satin black,fitted the indicators discreetly & carpeted the inside.......

Erdetrailerrepainted.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted2.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted3.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted4.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted9.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted6.jpg

Erdetrailerrepainted5.jpg

as you can see - I'm not the only one who likes it!!! what do you think?

Morgyinthetrailer1.jpg

Love single wheelers, have you got the tow bar for it or are you knocking one up

been looking for a calberlah for donkeys but there so few and far between

http://www.singlewheel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love it, a very nice job there sir 8)

You may want to carry the little one in the bus though, those single wheelers get a little bumpy :lol:

Nice Trailer Doris! :D

Had a look at the singlewheel site - Didn't realise there were so many different Types. :shock:

Thanks all for your coments!

Araon - yes I have the hitches, they are just being stripped and painted atm.I also have an adapter to attach to standard tow bar (if I can find one) otherwise I'll have to get "2 fabricated to attach to the chassis that come up under the bumper. I don't want to dril into my bumper really.

Wibbler - he loves anything rough and tumble,don't worry, we have some goggles for him!

Andy - yeah everyone says that,he'll be getting his first hair cut soon.

Thanks Jon, Jim.

Loxy - it has 2 sort of spring loaded piston type things that bolt to the trailer & attach to pivots bolted on to the bumper or the adapter plate (that bolts to a standard tow hitch). the pivots deal with up & down movement, the pistons deal with left/right movement.As you go around the corner,the outer piston has to expands as it is 'dragged' out of its cylinder to take the strain and the rear wheel 'slips' around the corner, when you straighten up the spring within the piston cylinder brings the trailer back in line. A bit like buffers on a train but in reverse,in that,instead of inner buffers being pushed in around a corner,the outer one pulls out...... should be a doddle to reverse with!

Do likey 8)

Can't wait for a report as to how it works once connected to the van :D

lovin that trailer will be great for camping hols.You can take even more stuff you don`t need :lol: :lol:

Latest posts