Euro trip 4 done ....2200 miles :-)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crede999

Reaction score
This years trip was great with no problems , well a wire wiggle and a bung coming off manifold other than that the bus ran great ... Six people (4 big ones 2 little uns ) Trailer stuffed with camping and enough clothes for 20 days anyhow here is some pics

Prestatyn north Wales
null_zps6a767ec5.jpg

null_zpscdb0481c.jpg

Disney Paris
null_zpsdadcb5a7.jpg

null_zps3c27749b.jpg

The Moselle near nancy
null_zpsd78335f1.jpg

null_zpsa35cf10e.jpg

Near Freiburg in the Black Forest
null_zps810105c6.jpg

My little girl ruby helping out
null_zpsb168f94c.jpg

Rudenshein
null_zpsaf1dfe7d.jpg

null_zpscfdd389f.jpg

null_zps48e03a84.jpg

null_zps51a74d3a.jpg

null_zps8cdddda0.jpg

null_zpsd067851b.jpg

null_zps4630867d.jpg

null_zps805f42af.jpg

null_zps8ceac337.jpg

null_zps9d4cabe3.jpg

null_zps868a144c.jpg

Dochumps Belgium
null_zpsfd009f6b.jpg

Bergendarren
null_zps3c9e8a13.jpg

The devils wataa
null_zpsce73d160.jpg

null_zps700d7b03.png

And home

null_zps07a80e64.jpg

Love my bus :D

Chris

Looks awesome mate!
Ive been following your pics on instagram, and to say I am a little Jealous is a under statement!
Hope you had a great time!

Thanks fella , it was a great trip ..... I could have done longer but back to the daily grind :)

Chris

brilliant photos looks like you had a good time, makes me more determined to do my Euro trip. have to ask though, what's the cam net on the roof about :?:

Great pics....glad it all went well.
Must get my pics sorted now!

Nice pictures :) looks like a great trip.

Good to see one still being used for real.

Thanks for sharing.

thejinx said:
brilliant photos looks like you had a good time, makes me more determined to do my Euro trip. have to ask though, what's the cam net on the roof about :?:

The camo next works great rather than bungee everything to death one bungee and camo net hold everything in place .. Makes getting stuff on and off quick

Chris

Rheinlandcruiser said:
nice to see that you enjoyed my home (the Rhineland) :D

greetings from Bonn/ at the river Rhine
Olly

Thanks olly

what's your instagram handle? I'm stalking you on the facebook Earlybay Page so I may as well stalk you on instagram too ;)

Trip looks amazing! Makes we want to head off again in mine!

What suspension are you running on the front? Your bus looks low (obviuosly can handle weight too!) but looks like you are still running "fat" profile front tyres? Dont these rub?

I have low profiles on front due to dropped spindles etc and always thing the big rear/ small front wheel looks wierd! I know if I fitted standard ones on mine they would rub like a biatch!!

Thanks!

Great pics. Take it the bus handled everything ok with the full load of 4 + 2.

One day it will be me.....

The bus ran great even doing 170 mile across the champagne region in 37 degree heat one afternoon :shock: it was like driving into a hair dryer :lol: saying that I am a bit anal when it comes to maintain the bus having changed front wheel bearings all new shoes regular 3000 or 4 months oil changes new plugs ... I also buy an hours ramp time ( usually for a bit of brew kit on a sat morning ;) ) at my local garage and grease everything and top fluids up and have a mate run his eyes over it too anal I know

I'm running stock size tyres 75r x 14 Firestone commercial there steel walled and improve the handling and final drive aswell and sits nicely at 57 ( the bus seems happy there ) its hard to hear the engine when loaded ;)

It's really not working that hard even with the weight as its spread over 3 axles rather than two and once your doing 30 you can't feel the trailer at all

The bus is lowered 3 inch on stock beam one spline out back just to take that cornering roll out of it
H
Instagram name chrispalomba there's a quite a few earlybayers on there

The colour isn't stock I wanted a stock looking colour as I like to be a little different :msn4:

It's in the Toyota range 90s I think

Thanks for all the positive comments

Chris

Beautiful pictures (apart from the hog roast, bleurgh!)

Looks like you all had a brilliant time :) Such super cute kids and who is the lady with the pink hair? She looks amazing :) x

LaineyW said:
Beautiful pictures (apart from the hog roast, bleurgh!)

Looks like you all had a brilliant time :) Such super cute kids and who is the lady with the pink hair? She looks amazing :) x

The lady with the pink hair is my wife Sam she is amazing :D she's a vw nut too I built her a brown type 34 razoredge a few years ago to her spec ... It got a top 20 at volksworld ! I'm currently building her another car which is going to be awesome ...so keep an eye out for some pics in a few months ...

Chris

It's a stunning bus and I always envy your trips.
Sometimes it looks Savannah Beige other times it looks a lot lighter. Lovely colour.

Latest posts