European breakdown advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stueyd1975

Reaction score
Hi,

Heading to EBI next month, and just wondered if anyone could recommend the best breakdown cover, I already have AA, but not called them yet for a quote.

Thanks

You might want to quadruple check that companies like The AA will cover this age of vehicle in Europe.

Often it is a good idea to speak to your classic vehicle insurer as they may already cover you, or normally can do for a small fee.

Just checked with my Insurer RH Insurance, European cover included in my policy, with a company called Auto Aid.

when I broke down in Blois, Fr in 2009 (pin popped out of fuel pump) I called RH breakdown and went to a dutch call centre who spoke perfect English and arranged a taxi to take wife and child back to campsite and for a truck to take van to garage. both arrived within about 30 minutes of the call and the truck driver fished around behind the pump, found the pin and we whacked in with a hammer and secured with a jubilee clip. its still working.

haven't needed on subsequent journeys to France but have travelled with the peace of mind that they offer a very good service based on the above experience

Latest posts