European roadtrip advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KTetley said:
Also, is there a requirement to carry a spare tyre? I've taken mine out and don't plan to carry it.

Cheers

Kev

Not wanting the ask the obvious, but what will you do if you get a puncture?

:)

Thanks for your advise to keep spare tyre, but its an common sence to keep spare tyre allways in any trip, does it? :lol:

72nu-funk said:
mattyd72 said:
Jimbly said:
Also, from memory, I think you're obliged to carry your V5 with you in France, as well as insurance. MoT would probably be useful, as you don't need that argument at the roadside.

I would get a few photocopies of each, you don't want to be handing the originals out in the event of anything happening.....

Photocopies unfortunately will be scowled at and run the very real risk of your bus being impounded and then being fined. It is originals only i'm afraid. Treat them the same way as you would your passport and find that good hiding place in the bus for them when you are away from it.

Go here for the full requirements; http://www.rac.co.uk/driving-abroad/france/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably not looking at your route, but if you decide to run through Andorra give Naturlandia a whirl. On your way to Santander, if you hug to the coast line try out Gorliz, Plentzia, Sopelana. Plenty of wild camp spots, good beaches/swimming/surfing and good pintxos (tapas). Also none of those are far from a quick jump to Bilbao for the Guggenheim. Whilst in the Basque region treat yourselves to a kalimotxo at the bar (tx is ch to us).

Don't let the worries and nerves get you, it will be one of the greatest experiences you've ever had :)

Andorra in April, in a bus? Don't forget the snowchains!

I lost my tyre on Euro trip last week. First puncture in 10 years. Thankfully just next to an Aire in France but I would say bring it.

Latest posts