Excessive postage charge Machine 7

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69 Campers

Reaction score
Thanks to Machine 7 for charging us £12.60 postage for 8 case savers

Postage cost was £3.43, a profit of £9.17 to Machine 7

Please check you postage with these guys, no refund explained as a handling charge.....

Numerous emails but no reply, thanks

Expensive envelope and sticky tape.....

I wouldn't have paid it in the first place. Case savers aren't vw specific.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

WOW, that's a mistake surely???......id ask to speak to somebody else on that to be honest.
Seems strange for machine 7 as I don't think ive heard a bad thing about their service before.

..........kev

As above, however postage does not only cover the cost to post. It's picking, packing and sending, so a couple of quid of that covers someone's wage.

The cost of postage is typically standard over a large portion of parcel sizes, so maybe next time order more bits and fill it up to that parcel cost or over the free delivery value.

Machine7 have great customer service but what do you expect them to do? You paid for the postage at checkout, if you weren't happy why did you pay?

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

Machine 7 will not speak no telephones, only emails

After initial email there has been no response.

They have a flat rate of £12.60 to send to France, but yet the envelope with 8 case savers cost £3.43

Why would you profit £9.17, fantastic customer service.

To soften the blow they agreed to set me up as a trade buyer so that I could recoup the lose on future purchases :lol:

I'll just use Megabug, Heritage, JK and many others before Machine 7

Finally am I the only person this has happened to.... no so how many more customers has this happened to?

Move over PPI

69 Campers said:

They have a flat rate of £12.60 to send to France, but yet the envelope with 8 case savers cost £3.43

To soften the blow they agreed to set me up as a trade buyer so that I could recoup the lose on future purchases :lol:

Finally am I the only person this has happened to.... no so how many more customers has this happened to?

Move over PPI
You will probably find no-one else looks at the postage labels that closely, you agreed to pay the £12 postage cost so what return argument do you have on M7? You accepted this charge? M7 wouldn't come back on you if they ever noticed there charge was too little would they, they would just suffer the loss.

rlepecha said:
69 Campers said:

Move over PPI
You will probably find no-one else looks at the postage labels that closely, you agreed to pay the £12 postage cost so what return argument do you have on M7? You accepted this charge? M7 wouldn't come back on you if they ever noticed there charge was too little would they, they would just suffer the loss.

What argument do they have charging 3 x more.....

The last Order I had with them next day delivery was about a fiver which weighed a kilo or so
I didnt think it was that bad! ;)

I had similar with another vendor. I called to ask for the correct postage and it was done. The ordering systems have postage calculated based upon some parameters set when the item is added to the stock. If there is s mix up then the wrong postage is applied and the vendor may not realise it. If it looks too high, call the order in and challenge it.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

69 Campers said:

Move over PPI

If you are in France and want cheaper postage maybe you could order your parts from SK instead. http://www.serial-kombi.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not really sure you should be having a go when you agreed to the postage charge when you placed the order, I use M7 a lot as one of my preferred suppliers and they are always fast and efficient with their service.

We have a similar situation if we order parts from Europe, we get charged a flat rate so it works both ways. As Trikky has said there is SK or Vintage Autohaus.

I don't shop with them any more due to the postage cost.

*Sam* said:
I don't shop with them any more due to the postage cost.

But all suppliers charge postage below a certain level??

M7 is free postage in the UK over £35 ... I'll usually get some consumables to make it up to that amount on the rare occasions its less.

Buying from o'sea's always incurrs daft delievry prices ... something I order from the Netherlands regularly always costs me more due to postage, but thems the breaks.

This really is a matter between customer and M7. M7 are very very highly regarded generally.

Yes I agree. Just about everything I have ordered from outside the country has a significant foreign postage charge.

I wish I could pay only the European extra charge when ordering stuff from the USA - plus there's import duty on top of that :lol:

Well stock levels dictate where you buy your produce, SK and other french outlets often purchase the goods from heritage etc.

I still buy goods from the UK, even with the euro rate not in our favour is it still cheaper to purchase goods and pay the postage than order in France

Common sense must apply here, posting 8 casesavers to France was never going to cost £12.60

They would have an in house franking machine for these items placed in envelope weight and cost and service would of been calculated to £3.43

So for customer relations why charge the flat rate.... when it come in at 300% less

It's pure greed and until in happens to you of the cuff remarks as above will always be posted

I've always found M7 very good.

As Clem says buying from say the Netherlands can involve significant postage costs but you know them before you place the order, as you do at M7. They only know the true postage cost when they frank them so some people lose, some people gain. The admin costs of checking the postage of each order and comparing it to the postage paid would be significant, especially for different countries, and would have to be reflected in their prices.

If you don't like the postage charge you are quoted don't buy it.

If you were happy to pay £12.60 when ordering the items then that was your decision.

chad said:
If you were happy to pay £12.60 when ordering the items then that was your decision.

I'd have thought that was the key point here. Did the buyer consider at the point of purchase that the cost of £12.50 was worth it, to ensure he received the case savers? I assume so. The point of what it cost M7 is largely irrelevant.

I'm guessing thay made a profit on the case savers as well?

Clem said:
chad said:

I'd have thought that was the key point here. Did the buyer consider at the point of purchase that the cost of £12.50 was worth it, to ensure he received the case savers? I assume so. The point of what it cost M7 is largely irrelevant.

The rate was paid in faith that the £12.60 was to be used in utilising a quicker service, hence very little weight and size, the envelope was posted under normal Royal Mail hence the postage fee being £3.43

There was enough money £9.17 to fast track the item or a signed delivery

I asked the question, they ignored it and profited from the postage by taking the cheapest option

69 Campers said:
Clem said:
chad said:

The rate was paid in faith that the £12.60 was to be used in utilising a quicker service, hence very little weight and size, the envelope was posted under normal Royal Mail hence the postage fee being £3.43

There was enough money £9.17 to fast track the item or a signed delivery

I asked the question, they ignored it and profited from the postage by taking the cheapest option

for what its worth i think they have taken a liberty with you mate

Latest posts