Excessive postage charge Machine 7

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will be differing opinions on this matter, the point here is to highlight the excessive postage cost when ordering parts with Machine 7

Anyway there's no refund coming and been told to enjoy the weekend !

I've replied with email asking them to enjoy spending the £9.17 this weekend.

Enjoy the summer and your bus !

69 Campers

Clem said:
chad said:
If you were happy to pay £12.60 when ordering the items then that was your decision.

I'd have thought that was the key point here. Did the buyer consider at the point of purchase that the cost of £12.50 was worth it, to ensure he received the case savers? I assume so. The point of what it cost M7 is largely irrelevant.

I'm guessing thay made a profit on the case savers as well?
Exactly this, think about the people who manufacture these parts. There is probably a 10x mark up on the cost to manufacture each one.

Are you asking them for a refund because they are selling items for more than they cost to make?

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

Graham L said:
*Sam* said:
I don't shop with them any more due to the postage cost.

But all suppliers charge postage below a certain level??
This is correct but 2 or 3 years ago when I made my choice I was buying a glove box liner and the postage cost was high I spoke with a friend who ran his own business that used postal services and he confirmed that to send that item it wouldn't of cost much at all.
I spoke with Machine 7 to see if they could lower the price of postage but they declined so I decided not buy the item and have since then not used them.

I fully understand that they have business to run, but I don't seem to come against the same issues Heritage despite any advertised postage prices.

I know you have had issues with heritage and don't use them so I guess it's horses for courses.

I use heritage a lot these days, we've cleared the air between us and I use them as well as M7 ,cool air and C&C and all there postage prices are on a par with each other if you don't order a large enough quantity

69 Campers said:
There will be differing opinions on this matter, the point here is to highlight the excessive postage cost when ordering parts with Machine 7

Anyway there's no refund coming and been told to enjoy the weekend !

I've replied with email asking them to enjoy spending the £9.17 this weekend.

Enjoy the summer and your bus !

69 Campers

Post and packaging, wage to pick and pack, you agreed to it, like others said, at the checkout, it's a business not a charity, You sell T-shirts at £20, bet they don't cost £20 to make. case closed.

VW suppliers aren't the only ones that impose these excessive delivery charges, personally I don't think there is any justification for charging £12 delivery if it only cost £3 or so to post. I have moaned to VWH about being charged a fiver and the postage has only been a couple of quid, so they all do it to some degree.

I had similar when I ordered some sleeper screws from the other week, they claimed the £8.10 they charged above the postage cost was justified for packing and wage for the picker. I bought 30 sleeper screws which must have taken all of a minute to put in the very cheap and small cardboard box, now I don't suppose they are paying the guy above minimum wage of £6.50 an hour, so not only did they take profit from the goods sold but a big chunk of extra from the postage charge. Needless to say i won't be using them again. I thought the screws were going to be a bit heavier and need additional packing (how wrong I was).

Latest posts