Favourite Music for the Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayHutch

Reaction score
What's your favourite music for your happy trails in the Bay? 60's, 70's hits to match the era or something a bit more Glastonbury?

Funny you should mention this. It's getting harder and harder to find anything on the old radio nowadays. The medium flavour radio will find absolute radio all the time but whether it's listenable is another thing. I've got an old android phone with lots of tracks on it like Lenny K, and Bob M, etc etc, and I hook it up to a Bose Bluetooth speaker. This sounds great but it is such a faff because sometimes it takes ages to pair so you just don't bother unless you're camped up because you'd crash just trying to press all the buttons.
So, I'm up for putting something in with a radio and whatever and possibly a hard wire hanging out its bum . Mainly I want some easy access fm radio that I can plonk under the seat or somewhere. Do I bugger about with DAB or is it painfull? Do I get a little amp under the seat and a crystal set ? Any help would be grapefruitly received.
Back to the music question, it's all about mood, if I've been traveling for ages I can be coaxed into some Motown, if I'm a bit excitable it can be SteppenWolf, or Led Zep, and in the middle we can have reggae, punk ska etc and sometimes Mr Billy Ocean for a good wheel tapping singy along type toons. I've also been known to hit out some Howling Wolf and BB King and I'm after some Nat King Cole stuff at the moment to take to camp outs. I've invested heavily into a wind up 78 player so I'm looking for any tidy 78s around. Again this hasnt worked very well as I'm driving along. So I'm taking it to Dubs at the Castle, so if any body has any 78s they want to play, just bring them along.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, might be a bit silly but I love the sound ! :mrgreen:

How good are you at wiring and soldering this is what I did to use my IPod.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-Auxiliary-Input-for-an-mp3-player-to-an-O/

newhippy said:
How good are you at wiring and soldering this is what I did to use my IPod.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-Auxiliary-Input-for-an-mp3-player-to-an-O/

Brilliant, that looks simple enough for even me to do. I`ve been looking for something to power up for fm, but this is just easy and we all like easy don`t we, Thankyou :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, So where is easy lately ? I ain`t seen or heard from him :mrgreen:

Thumbs up for Led Zep ! I've downloaded a 60's radio mix from Spotify with loads of songs. Cream and Yes also plus some easy listening stuff.

I play through a B&O A1. I like the look of the period radio but not the quality ;-))

RayHutch said:
Thumbs up for Led Zep ! I've downloaded a 60's radio mix from Spotify with loads of songs. Cream and Yes also plus some easy listening stuff.

I play through a B&O A1. I like the look of the period radio but not the quality ;-))

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Exacterly !!! :mrgreen:

Even though I've got a radio in the bus that works, it's very rare that I switch it on. But listening to tunes around the firepit (pizzas optional,Ozzie), whilst drinking and talking about righting the world of it problems or talking utter nonsense, whichever pops up, well I think Ozzie has it pretty much covered. Either chilling out to a bit of Bob M or rocking out to Zeppelin, I think the mood of the moment dictates the type of music being played.

I'll see Ozzie's 78's and raise him 45's and lp's. (I'm taking a briefcase record player to DATC)

Bonzo3663 said:
Even though I've got a radio in the bus that works, it's very rare that I switch it on. But listening to tunes around the firepit (pizzas optional,Ozzie), whilst drinking and talking about righting the world of it problems or talking utter nonsense, whichever pops up, well I think Ozzie has it pretty much covered. Either chilling out to a bit of Bob M or rocking out to Zeppelin, I think the mood of the moment dictates the type of music being played.

I'll see Ozzie's 78's and raise him 45's and lp's. (I'm taking a briefcase record player to DATC)
[/quote

You might have me at a disadvantage as I must confess to only having four 78s, two Gracie Fields, one the flight of the bumble bee, and one that escapes my memory. My plan was to fit an upstairs bunk then get up the charity shops about lunch time 8) Then seven o'clock and I'm just putting the pop top down and the roof won't come down because it's catching on one of the bunks support/ hanger hooks. Plan fifteen tomorrow. I got two little fellas with me for the Castle bud, two for you also ? We might get a good price if we sold all four as a job lot, tell em I said that too. ;)

Ozziedog ',,,,,,,,,,, biggest bunk you ever did see in a Devon, :mrgreen:

Blues and Led Zep for me, but I am a child of the 60's.
I have a radio which has a docking station for the ipod, also have a Bose Bluetooth thingy to use when camped, saves the old leisure battery.

i listen all kind of music, Dave Matthews Band, Led Zeppelin, the who, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Periphery, the cat empire.... all depends how do i feel that day, besides that i´ve always drove with a smile on my face1, it´s daily drive by the way

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350874120072

Have a little look at then folks.

The 78s was good fun and Barry with some 33s on his was brill. So I made a bit of a ninny of myself and bought and brought a nice new Block Rocker Sport for the main evening event. Wonderful if only I'd managed to bring some tunes. One reason for the Block Rocker Sport was because it's the new model, second reason is it's a hundred watts as opposed to the older fifty watts version, and third reason which I hadn't even considered as being worthwhile and it turns out it really was, the third reason is its waterproof. Guess who had his on the roof of his van? Yes me. Guess who went to bed sloshed? yes me. And yes it rained and yes it got wet and yes it was fine. Two hundred quid in Maplins, I got it chained up in the van now, and it's good for about seventy hours, yes seventy. I've run it on and off all weekend, charged several iPhones and pads with it and stillness running when I got home. I'm guessing seventy hours on low to medium and a bit less on foot to the floor. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, this new one looks interesting :shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

I think I need to brush up on my German. I found this speaker at 800W and another at 700W that both looked the same. There was no mention on either of the overall sizes. There was also no mention of how long the battery would last. Not sure but maybe you have to get your own battery? There is a 12V DC and a 240V AC input as well. The 700W version had a bit on one page that I assume was all about battery's because it mentions ni-cad etc and a couple of others but my German let me down a bit, so none the wiser as to battery included or not also how big is it ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, get one Baz and see ! :mrgreen:

Latest posts