Feeling excited

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemur

Reaction score
Hi Guys :D

So I've been feeling a bit down about campsites being closed, lock down and the virus in general. However today I've dropped my bus's battery on charge (bloody ECU) and tomorrow I will be using my bus for 'essential travel'.. I can't tell you how happy I felt to open the garage and see her sat there waiting to play :D :D I can't guarantee the supermarket I use will be the closest one, nor that I'll not hit the red line on the rev counter :lol:

Liam

Classic Dubs need to be driven otherwise they seize up, been running mine to work and back a few times and even got a wave from a cyclist ! Perhaps he was just happy to see someone else doing a similar speed ? Mind you speedo did show 75 at one point on a long straight and got dead bugs on windscreen and front panel - must plug in the old TwatNav for a more reliable indication of velocity :)

Not luckily enough to have been at work, but I've finally started back now.. so maybe if the weather is right. I also work on BugsPerHour :lol: :msn4:

Happy for you . ECU what's that??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joking , hope you enjoy ,glad you are back being busy.

J & P
:D :D :D

I used mine this weekend. What a great thing to do. Just a local spin and a small picnic in it. :D

gas1man said:
Happy for you . ECU what's that??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joking , hope you enjoy ,glad you are back being busy.

J & P

Hi Jonathon, I'm really looking forward to it, will take some pictures if I remember, though the old girl badly needs a wash/polish... please don't judge :lol:
Perhaps I'll add some pics to my thread... get that back up n' running,

Take it steady my man!
L&S
XX

Clem said:
I used mine this weekend. What a great thing to do. Just a local spin and a small picnic in it. :D

the 'thank/like' thingy has gone, but nice one Clem :rocknroll:

I know exactly where you’re coming from. Whenever I get to take Mrs Ozziedog shopping to the supermarkets etc, because of these lovely restrictions, I tell Mrs Ozziedog to go on doing the shopping and I’ll wait patiently in the bus. She also knows that by the time she’s back that the BlockRocker will be giving it wot for and I’ll be nodding pleasantly to admirers passing by. Just having a Stevie Wonder revival in my van right now and can you believe he only ever had one number one in the UK! Go figger that one :shock: Another great tooooon for your delectation is a young lady named Spankey Wilson, and that name made me sit up and pay attention too :lol: Great track and fab version of the Cream classic, Sunshine of your love. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,go on give it a whirl :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIPL1NwQAY0

Thanks for that Ozzie! what a beautiful version of a classic, Seems like we've got the weather today to get rocking out in the buses too :D :D :D
Liam

What a coincidence! I was listening to that the other day on an old compilation cassette I have. Mind you, I knew Ozziedog had similar taste when I heard him playing Betty Swan - "Kissing my love goodbye" at the EB Campout 8)

So it ain't much, just a quick snap with my phone but it felt so good to be out and about. The pic was snapped as we waited in line at Halfords (ran out of FastGlass).

Bus started 1st time after battery fitted, checked coolant and oil... all good :party0006:
Front calipers had grabbed on a bit but soon freed-off. Took it steady for the first few miles then on the return journey opened her up a bit, well as much as the speed limiter, Otherwise known as Michelle would allow :lol: :lol:

Really has put a smile on my face! Can't wait till camping is back on the cards.

Liam

Excellent, 8) 8) 8) glad you managed some time out.

Hopefully see you out there soon. Send greetings to M from P.

J & P

My van is still in lockdown in work. Hopefully the first minister of Wales will relax the rules at the end of the month. Still not Really allowed out over here on the Other side of the bridge. I did listen to your recommendation on music. Very good.

So I'm not really back at work yet, I'm working from home, but will have to pop in I think in the next few weeks. Problem is it's only 2 miles, is this far enough to get the oil warm (which I will be able to observe with my new gauge!)? Or will that kind of journey do more harm than good? (I normally cycle)

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

fallingoffalot said:
So I'm not really back at work yet, I'm working from home, but will have to pop in I think in the next few weeks. Problem is it's only 2 miles, is this far enough to get the oil warm (which I will be able to observe with my new gauge!)? Or will that kind of journey do more harm than good? (I normally cycle)

To be honest I'd still cycle, unless you have a much longer route to get the engine and gearbox hot and burn off any condensation. Short journeys are worse than not using it.

fallingoffalot said:

Surely you can drag that out an extra couple of mile, no? :msn4:

fallingoffalot said:

I’d use that as a reason/ (excuse ) to leave a half hour earlier and go round Gloucester a bit to just keep an eye on temperatures etc in various conditions and learn how these apply to this new guage.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,this could be an invaluable learning experience :mrgreen:

Yes that's a good idea. It should be ok at the moment with so many people/kids still at home - no queues. Once back to normal I'll have to weigh it up with sitting in traffic for 1/2 an hour and getting to work early enough to get a parking space.

Latest posts