Fire suppression anyone interested....UPDATE 03/12/07

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers guys....

ddffrost therell all spoken for i may be putting another order in but to make it worthwhile its gotta be in batches of about 15-20....

Swartie yep 21:00 to 06:00 generally..... I usually travel the M11 so can get on/off at A12/13 kind of areas if that helps...

Cheers Gerry, cant believe I turned down a bottle of whiskey :shock: ah well hopefully share a drink or too at a meet next year...

Sorry I had to leave you in the hands of my wife VWAIRCOOLED :lol: had a role reversal thing going on there today :eek:

Guys any Qs' dont hesitate to ask :wink:

just 15 more to get shot of now....

Appologies to Sprouty....I dont think I was awake at all there.......I'm not usually so aloof or distant :lol: cant remember if I told you the serial number is also beneath the sticky label if in future you have probs and the number been removed.... If you have any immediate probs with the the bottle give Tim a call and he'll get another to you without question... Nice to meet you and hopefully next time I'll be awake washed and shaven, not looking like I've been dragged through a hedge.

Nice to meet you Angus good luck with getting that bus of yours back...

Well I'm off to bed now (well some comfy chairs laid out ).....I may yet get to see my wife....

Araon

I'll hang on to the scotch -sure to meet up in future

Need some advice re fixing the bracket. I've got an upright mount. The only place to mount the bracket appears to be to the inside of the wheel arch, but there's not enough of it - max height of wheel arch in the engine bay is about 6" but the top mounting bolt on the bracket is 8" from the base. I don't think it'd be a good idea just to fix the bracket by the lower mounting bolt only.

Any ideas welcome

gerry

Just been looking on first page 71 bays pic of his install looks like theyve changed thr design slightly but it would appear that hes manufactured a bracket to support the upper cradle ill PM him for details...

BIG thanks for Araon for delivering the fire system today - much appreciated and way more than you had to do. Thanks for organising the bulk buy - know from experience it can be a nightmare!
Just got to get the engine up and running and I can install it! Hope you had a good rest!

Wannabay said:
Araon

I'll hang on to the scotch -sure to meet up in future

Need some advice re fixing the bracket. I've got an upright mount. The only place to mount the bracket appears to be to the inside of the wheel arch, but there's not enough of it - max height of wheel arch in the engine bay is about 6" but the top mounting bolt on the bracket is 8" from the base. I don't think it'd be a good idea just to fix the bracket by the lower mounting bolt only.

Any ideas welcome

gerry

Hi gerry, on mine i made a bracket out of alloy angle iron to mount it on. works well and is mounted solid now, hope this helps.
100_2237.jpg

100_2236.jpg

Araon said:
Appologies to Sprouty....I dont think I was awake at all there.......I'm not usually so aloof or distant :lol: cant remember if I told you the serial number is also beneath the sticky label if in future you have probs and the number been removed.... If you have any immediate probs with the the bottle give Tim a call and he'll get another to you without question... Nice to meet you and hopefully next time I'll be awake washed and shaven, not looking like I've been dragged through a hedge.

No need to apologise mate, you looked like you were feeling how I used to after being on nights, it takes a while to get your brain to wake up. I didn't want to wake you up as you looked like you were having such a nice sleep and there's no gentle way of waking up someone sleeping in a van.

Thanks a lot mate for coming down with the bottles, I really do appreciate it and for organising getting all the bottles.

Oh and Mike said he thought the imprint of the door post on your face particularly attractive :wink:

No worries about next time, awake would be good but washed and shaven is optional :D

Thanks again mate
Hx

thanks 71bay/Araon

I've got a stock set up so have loads of space to the side of the wheel arch - want to put it as far out iof the way as poss, so as to minimise acidentally knocking it - a bracket is a good idea - how did you attach yours, 71bay?

gerry

Wannabay said:
thanks 71bay/Araon

I've got a stock set up so have loads of space to the side of the wheel arch - want to put it as far out iof the way as poss, so as to minimise acidentally knocking it - a bracket is a good idea - how did you attach yours, 71bay?

gerry

I just used 2- 10mm bolts and bolted it through the wheel arch, mine is on the edge or the arch as i have a 110ah leisure battery on that side and have twin 44idf but still have plenty of room and its out of the way.
100_1693.jpg

Sorry it was so short but I wasnt going to hang around in that awfull weather..hopefully catch up on a meet somewhere as with all you guys..

Latest posts