• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*NEW* Group Buy - Firetec fire extinguishers for engine bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sydney1 said:
nora said:
Has anybody got photos of the 3 different installation positions?

100_0150.jpg

Example of roof mounted option. Fitted this within 30mins no trouble and great peace of mind

Thanks for the Pic :mrgreen:

Thats where i am putting mine :D

Graham any more news on this, they have had our dosh for a LONG time now, and the snow/shit weather eased up a while ago.

Cheers

Alex

HOORAH

Tim dropped the extinguishers off at the unit last night on his way to London so I have 16 shiny Firetec units sat here waiting to be collected, I'll be at Dubfreeze at Stafford in a couple of weeks time but only in the morning and all being well be at Volksworld in March, alternatively they can be collected from my unit in Solihull but please call/email to arrange when to make sure someone will be in.

Please email me NOT PM (I'm not getting any notifications at the moment from threads or PM's) to let me know how you are going to collect/meet up with me at a show as I will only take the units to shows that people have prearranged to collect and no other units (sorry if this sounds harsh but I don't want to be carrying around the units if no one is going to collect them at shows, remember I am making no money out of this at all).

Just to make it clear these units will NOT be posted out and are for collection only as per the original thread.

L1020973.jpg

L1020974.jpg

Nice one Graham

Thread 'unstuck' as order is finalised.

Can those buyers that haven't contacted me yet about collecting your Firetec please do so, I've sent most of you an email but appear to be missing a few email addresses:
Andymac
Curlyhead

Please contact me ASAP by email especially if you want your units taken to dubfreeze,

Send me an email I may have one spare,

Collected mine tuesday and fitted it in the afternoon :D Thanks again Graham, much appreciated.

Graham L said:
Can those buyers that haven't contacted me yet about collecting your Firetec please do so, I've sent most of you an email but appear to be missing a few email addresses:
Andymac
Curlyhead

Please contact me ASAP by email especially if you want your units taken to dubfreeze,

graham

i sent you a pm the other day regarding collection etc. if you havent received it let me know and i will re-send.

Yep - Volksworld according to my list!!

anyone care to give me a simple wiring diagram for the n/c LED /check switch/ fuse
as i`m shite with things like this ....

lhu128l said:
anyone care to give me a simple wiring diagram for the n/c LED /check switch/ fuse
as i`m shite with things like this ....

Fitted mine the other day, bought a little red warning light for the dash, 5amp fuse in a little case with wires attatched, a 2 pronged switch with two prongs for wires from Hellfrauds. You'll need wire and some type of wire joint/block.
I ran a 7 core trailer wire from the dash, down through the floor, under the bus, through a chassis member ( for protection) and then through engine floor ( maybe drill a hole) a few weeks ago as I knew I would be wiring some gadgets through to dash (5 in all!) saves wiring loads of seperate wires underneath and still have 2 spare if need to replace one of them or I get another gadget :D so, I used one of these wires, any colour, to connect front to back, or you'll have to run just the one wire either underneath the bus or run it through the inside (you could use the hole in the spare wheel well to run to engine compartment).
Hope the diagram makes sense, the two joints are to wire in the switch so you can test the light occasionally.

Battery------5amp fuse------joint------prong on firetec/other prong------joint-------light prong/light prong------- earth

l----------2 prong switch--------------l This goes from joint to joint (couldn't make it go in the right place when typing :roll: )

As an alternative, I'm wiring mine:

+ve supply----[fuse]-----[LED]---[joint]------------[N/C switch]------Earth
l
----------[push switch]------ Earth

This way, I only have to run one wirefront to back (I've used a fused connection from the fuse box at the front)

Cheers,
Nick

ooh, that came out wrong on the post, which deleted the spaces:

more like

+ve supply----[fuse]-----[LED]---[joint]------------[N/C switch]------Earth

[joint]----------[push switch]------ Earth

Adam

Replied to your email, if any one else who bought one on the group buy wants to collect it at Volksworld can they please contact me via email with a phone number please,

Latest posts