Fire suppression system

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any pictures of it installed with a stock air filter? I think from the picture you posted it would need to b ein a different position, would that effect the performance?

Hi, a picture of one in a stock early bay engine bay that we have to install later. The system is very compact being only 24cm long and diameter 10 cm or so. As such it is very deceptive, but as you can see from the picture it fits without even being noticeable from the outside. At shows I have to place a mirror on the rear deck so people actually see it is there. I have installed several in std, twin carb and modified set ups and no problems, as you can see from the picture the system sits before the centre cross member so well back from the carb, dynamo or fan housing. Footprint for the brackets is 10cm by 10cm only.

The system has been designed to be compact by the quality of the engineering meaning it can be primed to a much higher pressure than an off the shelf extinguisher. It is a pity we can have touch and feel app to be able to show that this is a serious piece of kit.

The next show I am trading at is Stanford Hall, Lutterworth 5th May so it can be seen installed and we have products on display

vwawcfiresuppressioninstdcarbandfiltersetup_zps841600d8.jpg

Hi Peter,

Read about your system in Hayburner magazine. Been thinking about a set up for a while now then saw this post. Was also talking to a friend of mine at Elemental who has just had an engine fire so feel it's a worthwhile investment for peace of mind.

I'd like to commit to buying one and possibly also a friend of mine as we was discussing this last night. I will speak to him again tonight to let him know about your offer to see if he is interested.

If you could send over the payment details, I'll get it done.

Regards,

Steve.

VW Aircooled Works said:
Hi, a picture of one in a stock early bay engine bay that we have to install later. The system is very compact being only 24cm long and diameter 10 cm or so. As such it is very deceptive, but as you can see from the picture it fits without even being noticeable from the outside. At shows I have to place a mirror on the rear deck so people actually see it is there. I have installed several in std, twin carb and modified set ups and no problems, as you can see from the picture the system sits before the centre cross member so well back from the carb, dynamo or fan housing. Footprint for the brackets is 10cm by 10cm only.

The system has been designed to be compact by the quality of the engineering meaning it can be primed to a much higher pressure than an off the shelf extinguisher. It is a pity we can have touch and feel app to be able to show that this is a serious piece of kit.

The next show I am trading at is Stanford Hall, Lutterworth 5th May so it can be seen installed and we have products on display

Thanks for the picture, I would like to see one in the flesh before buying and I will be going to stanford hall. Will they still be on offer to us either at the event or shortly after?

Hi

Yes that is no problem at all, the show is only 3 weeks away, the offer to the early bay forum will carry on running for about a month, so not an issue.

We will be trading at the Café De Circe stand (which is my wife's trading company - she does the circus toys near the food and drink court so will be quite easy to spot.)

Look forward to seeing you there.

kind regards
peter
vw aircooled works

Hi Weeman,

see below this is from page 1

Ok, to kick this off I feel that it will be no problem selling 20 units thru the forum, based on launch sales at Volksworld last month.

I would offer the early bay forum a discount price of £175 for the complete kit that includes all fittings, cables and fuses, drill bit, brackets, fitting instructions and the standard 65mm diameter LED under dash mount display and SS bracket.

We also offer a chrome LED that will fit into the dash if you have pre-existing holes and this fits into a 8mm hole. In addition there is a deluxe audible alarm that is 52mm same as VDO gauges. Discount prices on these would be £5.00 for the chrome LED and £65 for the deluxe alarm. These add a bit extra styling but the standard 65mm gauge is more than serviceable.

I would propose a process of running this post as a 'I commit to buy one' list and I will send payment details to each person via PM. As soon as payment is received I can post from stock. Let me know whether you want standard kit, chrome upgrade or deluxe upgrade.

regards
Peter
VW Aircooled Works

Peter

Put me down for one i will collect at stanford hall need to see in the flesh and want ask a few questions

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo not a problem will have one set aside for you at Stanford.

Now up to 6 sold thru this link alone, any other takers let me know so that I can ensure stock, thanks for your support, peter

Hi guys,

Decided to take a trip up to VW Aircooled Works to check out the Fireboy system. Went on Friday afternoon and met Peter who briefed me how the system works. I was surprised how small the system is, cyclinder is approximately 6.5" x 3" in diameter as you can see in the pictures.

Came away with a system for myself and one for my friend. Peter is a nice guy to deal with and also makes a great cup of Coffee! He took the time to talk through the system.

In the back of my cross over Bay I have the panels above the engine with the holes in but my plan is to put four studs from these panels so I can mount my extinguisher on to a sub plate which I can then attach to the four studs. This will hang approximately 30mm down from the plates with holes in allowing me to rotate the head of the extinguisher to get the angle I think I'll require. Obviously all the buses will be different as some have the panels and some don't but with a bit of thought, not a problem to mount. I should be able to mount it with no wires showing which is what I like. Also the advantage of mounting it on the plate, it can be quickly removed should I need to work in the engine bay. I've already taken dimensions for this plate which I did this morning.

Once I've worked everything out properly I'll post up pictures of the installation as it goes along and all dimensions of what I've done in constructing the sub plate. Hope this will help a few of you who are thinking of buying the system.

I am very pleased with the unit, very robust and well made. Very clear instructions so shouldn't be any problems with the installation.

Here's the pics so far:

img4369.JPG

img4370wz.jpg

img4371b.jpg

img4372wn.jpg

img4373hv.jpg

img4374y.jpg

img4374y.jpg

img4376r.jpg

img4377.JPG

img4378r.jpg

img4379l.jpg

Regards,

Steve.

VW Aircooled Works said:
0_0.12_0_0.14_131_118_csupload_51238699_large.jpg

image of the system installed. Simple wiring of positive off the coil and negative from ground to pressure head. All cable to run to dash supplied. This is a robust system and engineered to precision standard, carries 3 year warranty and 10 life expectancy.

thanks

That's a very good looking engine bay ;)

Just received my fireboy system from Peter very helpful fella even phoned me to reply bout door vent ad I had up , to which he gave me a good price for both items Cheers again

Glad to of helped, hope the arm rests all fit nicely and if you need any help or advice with fitting the extinguisher system just send me a message.

regards
peter
vw air cooled works

I would like to buy one of these systems as well please, have been looking at these for a while so now we have one at a good group buy price it is the time to go for it.....

Drop me a PM with details for payment please and I will get this sorted

Cheers

Steve

great news Steve thanks have sent PM to get confirmation on whether you want std LED or deluxe 52mm VDO size option. cheers peter and thanks to everyone for the kind words I am pleased that people are realising this is tailormade for our VWs.

Thanks Peter, all arrived safe and sound. What a top quality piece of kit! I was impressed to find you had even supplied a tin coated drill bit!

Elliott.

Just to make things simpler and give you a better deal revised offering now with the in dash chrome LED as part of the std kit free of charge.

To make things simpler I would offer the forum a discount price of £175 for the complete kit that includes all fittings, cables and fuses, drill bit, brackets, fitting instructions and the standard 65mm diameter LED under dash mount display and SS bracket. We will also now include a quality Chrome in dash LED as part of the standard kit, if people prefer that to the under dash indicator.

In addition there is a deluxe audible alarm that is 52mm same as VDO gauges. The system with the deluxe alarm option is £240. This adds a bit extra styling but the standard 65mm gauge is more than serviceable.

All prices are UK delivered prices by UK Mail courier.

just received my system, very quick delivery and excellent P&P and the unit and components look 100+A1...should be straightforward to install, I’ll feedback if not.
cheers
Rob

Hi, Have a new batch of 20 units under pressure test at the moment. I have 3 orders that will be shipped out Wednesday to arrive Thursday.

Thank you to all for the great comments and I am pleased people are happy with our speed of supply and quality of what they are purchasing. The sun is shining today and we are only 2 weeks away from the brilliant Stanford Hall show. Looking forward to it come and say hello at our stand near the food area (i think, does little for the diet :D ) cheers Peter.

Latest posts