First Long (ish) Trip for years!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Last weekend we used the van for a weekend away for the first time in years! We were taking part in the CLIC24 bike event near Cheddar (which is why I saw a load of vans driving home on Sunday - Vanwest!)
It was this event that I had been trying to get the van ready for after its long 'rest' on my dads drive, so the pressure had been on - as it was, the van sailed through its MOT a few weeks ago.

It involved a 100 mile trip each way, from Surrey to Somerset. Been driving the van around locally for the last 2 weeks, but this was to be the big trip, with the van fully loaded, hitting a busy Friday afternoon A303. Pleased to say the van performed perfectly during one of the hottest weekends so far.

Took a few pics of our vans central location within our own tent city!!

clic-van-4.jpg

....took pride of place!

clic-van-5.jpg

clic-van-1.jpg

I have to say, it was so nice having a comfy bed to crawl into after my first ever night-lap, rather than a tent!

bed.jpg

clic-van-2.jpg

clic-van-3.jpg

It was great to get back into the van-trip mode, and we hope to do a lot more this year - maybe even take the bikes down to the Alps again...

Angus

Well done mate, glad to see it back on the road and being used after seeing pictures of it for a few years.

Was the CLIC24 a team event?, and if so where the riders from a certain other car club?

Hi Graham,
We did it is individual riders, but in a group, if you see what I mean! Yep, blatchatters - Peter C, Dicky, Doh Nut and Count - he arranged it but had to pull out at the last minute due to work.

Latest posts