First VW Event of the year, in Sacramento CA area!! :D

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcruzin

Reaction score
Today my club I am in put on a VW car show! It was supposed to be thunder and lightening today, but it turned out to be sunny and partly cloudy. It did rain on us one time but only for a short bit and then it was back to the partly cloudy again. For the first show the club put on, it didn't turn out to bad. I believe there were 110 or so show cars. Not including the club members cars that were at the show, but for fairness didn't participate. So maybe 130 cars or so. Plus they had a swap meet too. That didn't turn out to be to big, but it was still good and I managed to find a part for Wes and also a few more toys! LOL

Here are some pics of the very first VW Invasion in Sacramento CA.

I didn't realize that my camera was on the wrong setting at first so some photos have been enhanced to make them lighter.

_MG_0759.jpg

_MG_0762.jpg

_MG_0764.jpg

_MG_0770.jpg

_MG_0777.jpg

_MG_0778.jpg

_MG_0786.jpg

_MG_0788.jpg

_MG_0793.jpg

_MG_0797.jpg

_MG_0802.jpg

Ok, you can see the rest here...

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m247/myhrdly/VW%20Invasion%202012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a great time and was really surprised on how many bay windows were there. I think they out numbered the splits! LOL

CHILDSEY said:
Hi Kim, a good turn out and great selection of VW`s.
Did you hold it under a freeway?
Cheers Paul.

Yes, it was held under the freeway over passes. Made it great for when it decided to sprinkle for a bit. :D That location has become a popular one for all different sorts of car clubs and shows. It is a nice paved well kept parking lot. The California Auto Museum is located just to the right of the lot. So an easy walk to go check out their displays too. :D

Hi Kim

Did Eric (woodslat) turn up, haven't seen him on the forum for ages and I know he's in sacramento?

Looks like a good turn out Kim! That's where my bus came from :mrgreen: Remind me which badges it was here in the UK you'd like?

Merlydog said:
Looks like a good turn out Kim! That's where my bus came from :mrgreen: Remind me which badges it was here in the UK you'd like?

I'm looking of for ROC one's. The one's on ebay are pretty expensive. I'm looking more for a "yard sale" priced one! LOL

Graham L said:
Hi Kim

Did Eric (woodslat) turn up, haven't seen him on the forum for ages and I know he's in sacramento?

I don't know him. I tried to do a search on here and read a few of his threads but I couldn't find a current pic of a bus he may be driving. If you have pics of his bus, I maybe able to recognize it.

Hi Kim nice pics.
Our bus came from Sacramento,bought from Eric (woodslat).
He drives a split pickup in maroon and white.Cool guy,will post pics of his bus later.
Any chance you could get me some Sacramento decals for our bus :) please.
Cheers
Ian

Reborn bay man said:
Hi Kim nice pics.
He drives a split pickup in maroon and white.Cool guy,will post pics of his bus later.
Cheers
Ian

You just want something like "touristy" stickers. You know, stickers that may have a picture of something and say Sacramento CA?

Also, those looking for dealer license plate frames, I need to know an amount you are willing to pay for the frame. That is with out shipping. Shipping would have to be factored in after. So give me a dollar amount in US dollars that you don't want to go over. I found a dealer plate at the swap meet, no I didn't buy it, but I did think about one person on here that wants one, I just wasn't sure what they were willing to spend for one so I didn't pursue it yet. If I know a general dollar limit, I will have more to go on next time. I don't mind buying things for you all over there, but just want to make sure that the price is right! :D

I can get these free, but only a couple at a time. Just can't go in and pick up 100 of them, they might frown on that! LOL They also have a smaller version of the same thing. Can't remember if the small one's say Sacramento though.They come in this color and also in red. It is a VW parts and repair place here in Sacramento.

IMG_3178.jpg

Great pics Kim, we have a flyover here in Bristol that would make a cool show ground...........but i dont think it would have the same vibe :roll:

Roll on the warmer weather and Dubs 8)

justcruzin said:
Reborn bay man said:
Hi Kim nice pics.
Cheers
Ian

You just want something like "touristy" stickers. You know, stickers that may have a picture of something and say Sacramento CA?

Also, those looking for dealer license plate frames, I need to know an amount you are willing to pay for the frame. That is with out shipping. Shipping would have to be factored in after. So give me a dollar amount in US dollars that you don't want to go over. I found a dealer plate at the swap meet, no I didn't buy it, but I did think about one person on here that wants one, I just wasn't sure what they were willing to spend for one so I didn't pursue it yet. If I know a general dollar limit, I will have more to go on next time. I don't mind buying things for you all over there, but just want to make sure that the price is right! :D

Hi Kim

Yep "touristy" sounds great also Bugformance if you have one.
Found loads of leaflets in bus from places all over California, the previous owners must have visited but all have perished,so would be good to get some more decals.

Thanks for help.
Cheers
Ian

Reborn bay man said:
justcruzin said:
Reborn bay man said:
Hi Kim nice pics.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Kim

Yep "touristy" sounds great also Bugformance if you have one.
Found loads of leaflets in bus from places all over California, the previous owners must have visited but all have perished,so would be good to get some more decals.

Thanks for help.
Cheers
Ian

Ok, I have the Bugformance ones. I will start looking for other stickers. We are going to LA for a Ford show in April, I will look for neat stickers along the way!

Thanks Ian, that is a nice bike! I used to have a Harley Herritage Softail. Sold it and bought a Mazda Miata! LOL In 07 I bought me a Honda ST1300. I love it much more then my Harley! LOL It's smooth quiet and fast! :D Hubby bought a Road King that same day, so we still have Harleys in the family! :D

Me on the bike.
IMG_2988.jpg

This is another fun toy. Yamaha 400YP Scooter. It is a blast to ride. Automatic with an emergency brake. ALways freaks people out when I am on a hill and my hand are on my legs! LOL

IMG_0319.jpg

Latest posts