Fitting seat belts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo

Reaction score
Hi all

Finally getting around to order some seat belts for my 68 crew cab, as when I imported it last year there were none present. As far as I can see the mounting points etc are there, but I am not sure if (a) I should and (b) I am allowed, to fit them myself ? Any opinions / knowledge?

Though a fairly competent DIYer, I think that if I mess up some tiling, plumbing, landscaping etc then it's not the end of the world. But if I mess up the fitting of a seat belt.... well that has a lot more serious consequences, and not just for me! Plus I'm not sure if one has to be 'suitably qualified' to start dabling in this area. Would this change have implications for insurance do you think?

The mechanic I use regarlarly sats he can fit them, but then why I would be less qualified than a mechanic to fit seat belts?

Appreciate your advice.

As above they are pretty much direct replacement, fitting points should already be there so just a case of bolting in. As long as the steel around its mounting point is good shouldn't be an issue.

Okey doke, cheers for the replies. Might just give it a go.

Latest posts