Five go mad in North Devon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Well I had to think of a catchy title for this thread, pictures of our holiday last week down in Braunton (Lobb Fields), great campsite although I'll try and get a flatter pitch next time.

Well five of us headed off in Arnie, 4 adults and Adam our 15 year son so a full bus complete with westy trailer as well, why did we go mad??, well the weather was bloody awful so not a great week under canvas etc, why do I always pick the bad weeks?

Heres the pics, isn't it amazing that when you take your bus with you you take more pictures of the bus than anything else :lol: :lol:

Loaded up on the way down
L1030663.jpg

Campsite set up (one of the only days it didn't rain)
L1030665.jpg

L1030666.jpg

Arnie waiting for his surf lesson at Croyde
L1030674.jpg

L1030672.jpg

A couple at Woolacoombe, saw a nice Westy Poptop on Radars but by the time I walked up to it it had gone!!
L1030687.jpg

L1030688.jpg

Bus getting wet inside and out with its passengers
L1030695.jpg

A Morecambe & Wize hire bus that was also staying at Lobb Fields, never got to talk to the family with it
L1030691.jpg

Visit to the Thatch at Croyde on our last night, good pub with good food although very busy
L1030698.jpg

Packed up and on our way back, over all too soon,
L1030702.jpg

Sorry they are not as exciting as some of the overseas trips but things conspired against us this year with no euro trips at all, getting withdrawal symptoms already.

Arnie was a superstar though and hauled all 5 of us and the trailer at a constant 60 down the motorways, slowed down a bit on the rollercoaster that is the A361 but kept going, still doesn't like starting when he is hot but hey ho I can live with that!!

We stayed at Lobb Fields for a week in June Graham. You'll be please to know it was scorching hot. All week ;)

See you at Vanfest mate :)

Cheers Steve, just what I wanted to hear :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great pictures Graham. 8)

We love Croyde and Woolacombe.....not made it down this year yet though :(

croyde is my most fave place, been lots,butnot for the last 4 years :cry: well worth the 8 hour drive, its sure to be my first holiday destination, when i get Ret up and running 8)

saw your bus in Croyde - couldn't find you??

was there in me splitty - great bit of surfing weather though :D definately recomend Braunton / Croyde and Woolacombe

Graham L said:
Arnie was a superstar though and hauled all 5 of us and the trailer at a constant 60 down the motorways, slowed down a bit on the rollercoaster that is the A361 but kept going, still doesn't like starting when he is hot but hey ho I can live with that!!

What sort of motor have you got doing all that?

VeeDubMan said:
Graham L said:

Stock TP 1600 running standard carb and the speed is off satnav not the speedo itself

Graham L said:
VeeDubMan said:
Graham L said:

Stock TP 1600 running standard carb and the speed is off satnav not the speedo itself

Sweet! Looks like slightly lower profile tyres on the rear too so top speed is slightly lower than it could be, but still, with that many people and trailer too, I'd be happy with that.

Let me know next time your here & we'll make sure a few of the locals join you at the pub mate ;)

Latest posts