Florida Bay - The Resto!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
Top banana 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks Andy!

All the paper work was dropped into the DVLA on Tuesday :msn4: so fingers crossed and touching lots of wood I will get news back on the rego. shortly. :shock: :roll: :!:

We are rolling :D :D :D

Got the rego through the post today and got the plates made up.

changed the insurance over to the rego plate and fitted the tax disc....then went out for a a spin.

Now I have another list of things to iron out!

Brilliant result 8) - hope the issues that need ironing out aren't to bad (and many) ;)

Andy, you know, usual things like running bad with flat spots etc. and a bit wayward on the steering. New brakes all round that need to bed in.

Chuffed to bits though, surprised the wife as well, picked her up from work in it....... :lol:

Pics will follow I promise..... :oops: :oops:

Sound like reasonably easy fixes then - fingers crossed :mrgreen:

(Glad the wife liked the surprise...)

Pics as promised, got the digi camera out as well and took these for the agreed valuation on the insurance.

Off to Bude and Newquay for the week...hope the weather lasts out :D

Floridabay007.jpg

Floridabay006.jpg

Floridabay005-1.jpg

Floridabay004-1.jpg

Floridabay003-1.jpg

Floridabay002-1.jpg

Floridabay001.jpg

Floridabay008.jpg

Now the fun begins on the interior and preparing for exterior paint.

Just got back back from our first trip away.

We visited Bude and stayed in a friends holiday chalet in Kilkhampton then stayed at Hendra in Newquay for the week, visited friends and took a trip to Mevagissey.

No problems to report after 500miles, although turning right has developed a rubbing sound - more of a shhhh shhhh shhhh! so gotta look at that tomorrow and find out what that is. Seemed to be when loaded up??

Gonna get the interior started tomorrow too.... :D :D

So, we got back from Newquay without any major problems to report. :D
Holiday2011022.jpg

This photo was taken at Widemouth Bay, just after my Flintstone rack of ribs in the boozer :lol:

Then I set about the interior which I had temporarily fitted for the trip.

Holiday2011072.jpg

Holiday2011073.jpg

Took it out and started to insulate as best I could.
Holiday2011074.jpg

Holiday2011075.jpg

Holiday2011076.jpg

Holiday2011077.jpg

Holiday2011079.jpg

Bit more to do behind the cupboard.

Also managed to free up the hinges on the bed. I thought they would never budge but 3in1 soaked in and they finally moved. Not sure if I may be better off sourcing some better condition ones though!

Holiday2011078.jpg

More progress pics this weekend I hope.

Hi,

Coming on well, i have started to insulate my bus too, along with some sound deadening behind the insulation.

Widemouth Bay? You were just down the road from me - could have popped over for some cider in our local!! :lol:

What's the plans for the interior?

Cheers,

Alistair

Wow, can't believe it has been so long since I logged onto this thread.

Alistair, we will be in Bude again at some point this summer dude. Got friends who have a chalet there. I need to change the fuse boards and give it a test cert before the season starts also, but that will be a trip in the T5!!

The interior is going to be stock, what with a our little boy being 19 months old we need to be able to keep things clean.

Ipod running through a sub and hidden speakers, a TV screen hidden in the buddy seat area, that kind of thing!

Need to get my original radio sorted so I can listen to the outside world too. Do you know anyone local who can refurb it?

Matt

who? said:
Wow, can't believe it has been so long since I logged onto this thread.

Alistair, we will be in Bude again at some point this summer dude. Got friends who have a chalet there. I need to change the fuse boards and give it a test cert before the season starts also, but that will be a trip in the T5!!

The interior is going to be stock, what with a our little boy being 19 months old we need to be able to keep things clean.

Ipod running through a sub and hidden speakers, a TV screen hidden in the buddy seat area, that kind of thing!

Need to get my original radio sorted so I can listen to the outside world too. Do you know anyone local who can refurb it?

Matt

Hi,

Give us a shout when you come over later in the year?! Look forward to seeing how you get on with the interior.
Dunno about the radio refurb, i have a og one in the dash, and a sony hidden away in the glove box, which has a built in ipod tray instead of a cd, the front flips down, and a tray slides out to place the ipod in, all controlled from the front, no wires, no mess, sounds good, but i need to find a home for the speakers, will get a 2 way component set in the kick panels i think.

Cheers,

Alistair

Been such a long time since I updated this thread :oops: :oops: .

So last weekend was our first trip out this year to Exmouth and it was ffffrrrrrreeeeeeezzzzing, the walk lasted all of ten minutes!

Then I decided to fit the Empi 5s Ive had knocking around so went from this to......

I am not sure though and one side rubs so tyres would have to be reduced as these are 185.65.15.....so I went back to stock which suits me fine.

Then I have had a go at getting the bay in the garage and have enlisted a friend to custom make a frame so that the up and over door can be side hinged then she will fit....just!

The ply floor was shot so this weekend the new floor started to go in...just got to sort some rust issues on the cargo floor then insulate and varnish the underside of the ply before final fitting and flooring can go down. Got some wiring to fiddle in also.

Got a large sheet of each left over too, plenty to do another floor...see my For Sale thread.. :msn4: :D

Latest posts