Florida Bay - The Resto!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmmm did it on my own as well so no one to check..had to keep getting out to have a look :roll: :roll:

May have to replace the wooden rafters with steel box section.

So tonight I finally got round to looking at my Firetek system, still got some fettling and need some smaller cable ties.

Not sure if I should be crossing it over so put a thread in technical as I can't find any pics on other installs.

All trial fitted for now, might change the layout later this weekend.

So this is how 'Flo' looked this thursday morning! Plan was to blow in the primer and get her looking more respectable for the summer.
I had pre ordered the paint according to the M plate!!!!!

We began masking her up!

Then the Scotch pads came out

Then my mate Rich fired on the first coat of Perlwiess!!

So part the way through...things were not great with the colour and when the wraps came of it was clear we could not carry on...

Friday - Perl was abviously the colour it left the factory with but since then a body shop in Florida had painted her in a white shade of an unknown description!

Off to the paint shop we went to get more paint....this time with the tail gate as a guide!!

'Paint Pal' in Shaftsbury were a real help and after a few attempts we finally got a white that looked right. This is Polizeiwiess or Police White in metric!

So, the whole body was masked up which took the rest of the day.....

Saturday morning and after more sanding and prep the WHITE went on!

Needless to say by the end of Saturday we were both bushed and needed a rest but carried on and I was chuffed by the end result!

Then I got a bit creative with the pics! Ha Ha

And Sunday things started getting back to something recognisable as 'Flo' again.

I know you lot like photo's so no need to apologise for the amount I took!! :shock:

Can't wait to get more things back on this weekend and get her back out in the sun.

Cool, I actually liked your bus with the rear primer patches, but have to say its a good job with the shiny paint, looking forward to seeing it 8)

We purchased a Puck.... :shock: .....I was getting pi$$ed off with sleeping in the awning and seemed to be always packing it up in the rain. We go to North Devon loads in the summer and now my Mrs is very happy....Happy Wife....Happy Life! We have already got Sarah at Vw Camper Curtains on the case with a new set of Curtains to match the camper.

I know its not strictly age appropriate but it has all the kit in it we need....a fridge for the beer...and its all ready to go.

I looked at older suff but they all needed re-wiring, mechanical overhauls and rust sorting so this one fitted the bill.

I think we paid good money for it too so if and when we come to sell it we should get our money back.

All I need to do now is hook myself up with a bigger motor.......... :D :D

VW Heritage have got a Brand new 1776cc that I would like when I have saved up some more funds but for now I am thinking I could get away with changing the single carb to a set of 34ICT's I have fitted to my 1500 bug. Hmmmm

What an awesome transformation - puck looks amazing too!
Very 8) setup! :D

Latest posts