Foksy Adjustable Beam Help!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have clearance problems due to where i live so need to raise my ride height.

I have a Foksy adjuster that was there before i bought the van and is in excellent shape.

My question is: How do i raise my suspension using the Foxsy? Do i push it up to raise? And is there anything else i need to think about? :shock:

I know it's probably a lame question but would like to get it right.

Cheers,

Kev :D

jack the bus up, axle stands under the beam, slacken the bolt on the adjuster and let the wheels slowly drop to the ground. clamp it up when its just a bit higher than you need, clamp it tight!
it will sag a little when you put it on the ground so you have to set it a little higher.
it may take a couple of goes to get the height you want, id do it, drive round the block and then have another look.

if you make it too high, block of wood under the wheels and and lower it down on the jack till its just above what you want then clamp it down
good luck dude :wink:

Pretty sure that you can just undo the bolts (using a jack under it to hold the weight) and then raise and redo the bolts. make sure the shocks are in good shape before you start as depending on how low your bus is you may need different shocks (some are shortened etc for a low bus). May help to take shocks off aswell.

One of the other dudes on here must have em fitted, so will probably be better at what to do, but mine is on adjusters and its easy as that. :D

slammedkustom said:
jack the bus up, axle stands under the beam, slacken the bolt on the adjuster and let the wheels slowly drop to the ground. clamp it up when its just a bit higher than you need, clamp it tight!
it will sag a little when you put it on the ground so you have to set it a little higher.
it may take a couple of goes to get the height you want, id do it, drive round the block and then have another look.

if you make it too high, block of wood under the wheels and and lower it down on the jack till its just above what you want then clamp it down
good luck dude :wink:

BTW the shocks may hold the arms "UP" so pop them off the bottom shock mount and let them hang, dont forget to put them back on tho!

ssshhhhh you haven`t seen me right....................... :lol: :lol: :shock:

Cheers Guys, i take it i only need to loosen the horizontal clamp bolt then?

Need to do this as VolksWorld was a bunch of fun with my AR Bar hitting the deck every 5 minutes :shock:

Need to get that muffler from JK as the nose down stance will be gone. I think the previous owner dropped it so low to raise the back enough to fit the Bug Pack Mondo :roll:

Thanks guys, at hand to help as always.

Kev :lol:

Genchy said:
Cheers Guys, i take it i only need to loosen the horizontal clamp bolt then?

Need to do this as VolksWorld was a bunch of fun with my AR Bar hitting the deck every 5 minutes :shock:

Need to get that muffler from JK as the nose down stance will be gone. I think the previous owner dropped it so low to raise the back enough to fit the Bug Pack Mondo :roll:

Thanks guys, at hand to help as always.

Kev :lol:

thats the beasty, just be careful under there!

Will be very careful :shock:

I have the axle stands ready and waiting and will make sure it's all level before i start. Not sure that i could lift it off my chest on my own :roll:

Will let you know how i get on :wink:

Kev

and some beans! you never know when you will need that extra lift! :shock: :oops:

Beans Spinach and Irn Bru sounds like a lethal combination that Adolf may have used during WWII. :shock: Are you sure it is safe, what is a safe distance for bystanders? :wink:

Is there a need for protective clothing? :mrgreen:

The GF will just love this idea!!! :lol:

Genchy said:
Is there a need for protective clothing? :mrgreen:

Just for the bystanders:

evo5000-mask.jpg

:wink:

Well all done now guys, thanks for your help it was needed and appreciated :D

As you said it took a couple of attempts to get it right. I undid it the first time and it was on stilts :shock:

Second time round, i set the axle stands to the height i wanted, jacked it up undid the nut then lowered the jacks allowing the bus to rest on the axel stands at the height i wanted....result! :lol:

Thanks again guys :wink:

Latest posts