• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1972 Bay Window Camper- RHD Deluxe Sunroof Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny_Jonster

Reaction score
Very rare potential show bus project - 1972 RHD UK Deluxe Microbus sliding sunroof model

Pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/11353163...66/SunroofBus#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

11 months MOT - Tax exempt

This is a rare opportunity to get hold of an original right hand drive UK sliding sunroof Deluxe Microbus, there aren't many of these around so this is a great chance for someone to restore a real rare gem to her former glory.

Features:

Year - 1972 (crossover model with disc brakes, low lights at front)

Original - UK Right hand drive

Type - Deluxe Microbus, metal sliding roof model (sliding roof rails are present but roof is absent and roof needs refurbishing)

Interior - Walkthrough with storage cupboards, camping stove and 3/4 width rock and roll bed.

Engine - 1600cc, starts first time and runs beautifully. Needs new generator and some engine tinware (rear valance etc). Also needs ignition/steering lock housing.

Gearbox - works fine but linkage needs some attention.

Steering - All in good order, with four good wheels and tyres

Low light Deluxe UK Microbuses in RHD are reasonably rare but those made with the factory fitted sliding roof really are few and far between!

The previous owner converted to a shoddy pop top and the bus could easily be used like this (it doesn't leak) or with a new roof but it seems a shame not to convert this back to it's original state.

The chassis is really rock solid and doesn't need any work but the bodywork does need attending to as can be seen from the pictures and my plan was for a full bare metal refurb.

New baby forces sale and although the van is stored in a covered garage I won't have access to this for much longer.

Any inspections are welcome, I am based on the south coast of the UK in Chichester I'll end my auction early for £3500 cash but will not negotiate below this figure and obviously will not consider this if the auction has gone above it.

Please check out my listing on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this a genuine ad as neither of the links work??

It may be that the URLs have been shortened and so are not working.

Try pasting this into your browser: picasaweb.google.com/113531638545159389566/SunroofBus#

or this:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140457273831&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

P1020809.JPG

When is the bus available for viewing? Was originally looking for a panel van but want to get something to do do over the winter ready for next spring and I like the look.... :D