Found in my rocker cover - what is it from?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture isn't very focused? Does it look to have broken edges?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

These should be inside it?
bdf7fa0418e55b2a8041666c6bf736f5.jpg

Or the valve springs underneath the rocker arms
0a76942c25983cb2a53e2dfb06be1fc9.jpg

could be part of an old valve stem oil seal .. is it metal or a black plastic kind of material ..

Hard to tell from pic

P.

Sorry about the blurry pic, it does not have broken edges, is made of aluminum, and looks like some sort of C clip?

Ah there is a retaining clip that goes on the end of your rocker arm but it looks like the one in the pic? Maybe it got replaced?
d889214cefe796f33ba99dd959388f5b.jpg

What about the tops of your valve springs?

All collets from top of valve springs are as they should be. I suspect the rogue item has come from within the crank case.

Really sorry, should have put something to scale it by! I have the heads off as a valve is leaking, and the engine on an engine stand, so when rotating the engine 90 degrees on the stand to get the first head off, this gremlin possibly could have fallen down a pushrod tube, into the cover.

Hmm you don't want anything falling out of your engine lol, I've taken a few apart but it doesn't look like a part I've seen, it looks broken/worn?

What engine do you have?

I guess it really depends if you want to crack open the case and have a look see?

Latest posts