fridge interior light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Hi
Not sure if this should be technical or camping but ..

Ive just installed a vitrifrigo fridge , I've followed the instructions for the fridge ( hot wire cold wire ! ) its not rocket science, or so I thought, but the fridge interior light stays on constantly ( left phone inside on video for 5 minutes ) even if I pull the 15amp fuse light still on !
Ive put a query in to the manufacturer but thought I might get a quicker answer here .
theres no button on the light like there is on a household fridge .
Am I being a stupid ?

Chico

You must have wired something wrongly if it remains on when you pull the fuse out

As for how the light switches off and on see here, it's a magnetic reed switch whatever that is

http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=37278

Ps I forgot to say that I've got one which I installed last year and it works fine, even makes ice cubes and have done 3 days on the leisure battery when no hook up available

When the van's laid up I take the fuse out and leave the door open

I think its the reed switch part , thats broken,
Ive literally just taken off from their wiring hot and cold direct to battery ( via fuse on red)
I've sent them a message and photo of the wiring everything else was pre wired by them .

Good to know yours is working well , I've added a solar panel to the rack to keep the leisure topped up a little so be good to see how many days I can get out of it . and how cold its going to keep the beer !

Cheers

Chico

Latest posts