Front cab door seal kits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raveboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Microbus
OK peeps,
Just doing a refurb on the front doors of my 68 LHD kombi and to be honest the seals and window
scrapers are looking cack !!. So I'm thinking of getting a complete kit, both main door seals and window
runners and scrappers. Any recommendations ? I have seen status VW kit on offer and it looks pretty good.
Any one used this kit and what's the quality like ? Any other suppliers people have used.

Also is there a technique for replacing the window runners and scrappers ? Anyone written a process for it ?

Cheers

Rave :party0046:

I've got the Status kits, although I've only manged to fit the n/s so far.... :lol:

Try here for fitting help.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got my door seals off notch1500 on ebay. Best quality at best price.

Let me know if theres any specific questions you want answering on the window scrappers. Just done this myself...

Ideally you need to take the quarter light out, which requires taking the door card off to get to the bolt underneath. No need to take the main piece of glass out though, you can work around that.

Please can I have a piece of your old chrome trim though 'cus I cant be arsed to buy a new bit! :lol: I seem to of broken/lost the bit of chrome(alloy) that slots under the quarter light. :oops:

Jim

Thanks guys, Good link Wig - Very helpfull. I think I'll take photos as i do it
to bung on here as well. Notch1500 does' not seem to have any door kits
at the mo so I'll think I'll go for Status - They seem to be the best (all be it
expensive).
Can I do the quarter light seals without taking the door lock out ?

PS nice Red wheels Wig

Just make sure the kits have the best quality main door seal or you'll never shut the doors flush again... Also the metal trim/outer scraper comes in shiney and brushed finishes - decide what you want and check you're getting it - Talk to the supplier. :)

ZedBed said:
Just make sure the kits have the best quality main door seal or you'll never shut the doors flush again... Also the metal trim/outer scraper comes in shiney and brushed finishes - decide what you want and check you're getting it - Talk to the supplier. :)

Check that the scrapers actually match and you don't get one of each. :roll:

I bought mine from C&C but like most things its been in my sisters garage for about 8 months, looks nice in the box but never got round to fitting it yet :lol:

Will deffo be using the link above though when it comes to fitting

Nice one guys, Think I'll ring Status and check what I'm getting. While we're on the subject, what do you use to
fix it in with ? I was considering 100% silicone but I've heard of people using evo stick as well ?

Rave :party0046:

You shouldn't need any glue at all, apart from the lower half of the front and maybe the corners. Evostick is best. If you do use glue, use sparingly and on the bottom of the channel only or the seal will get stuck part way in and won't bed in properly. Slam your doors completely shut and by the next weekend you should be home and dry.

I have just bought these and fitted them to my van. I had trouble trying to get the inner scraper to fit and ended up using the old wire from the old rubber. I also had issues trying to fit the window felt channel into the new clips and ended up using the old felt channel as it seemed slightly thinner than the new one, and I wanted to get the windows back in the van. The out scraper was a dull metal rather than shiny chrome.

Now the above might sound like I am slagging it off, but it looks great now it's on, I think with a bit more patience it would all fit fine but by the end of two days mucking about with them, I just wanted the van back together.

Yeah I'm in two minds as to whether to go cheaper, as Status kit is £265 delivered which seems a bloody lot to me, but then again if its perfect quality and fits like a glove. Might ring them up and see if they can do anything on the price. - Anyone else need a kit ? They might do a discount for multiple orders.

:mrgreen: :party0046:

The outer scrapers same wherever you get them
Inner scrapers better shape from C&C than some others
1/4light furry for main window good quality from C&C
main furry bit good quality from C&C
Main seal don't know but I'd bet they're good, as other door seals I've had have been excellent.
1/4light rubber seals don't know.

Hope that's some help. I'd trust them to supply quality parts - sometimes you are lucky enough to get what you pay for!

As posted before ive got C&C ones bought for my crossover, sitting in a box at my sisters. All the bits look good quality as per Zeds comments. Will be using em on my new bus if it starts to leak, otherwise saving them for when it gets a full repaint as with most my bits now

OK dudes thanks, decision made - C&C. I'll do pictures as I'm going so hopefully others
can follow easily and use in conjunction with Saraj's sticky post.

:party0047:

Latest posts