• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

front emblem in real and very nice chrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyaboutt2

Reaction score
hi , i m french and can have some front emblem for early bay in awesome quality

it s chromed and heavy ... and very nice , see it

60£ WITH SHIPPING IN ENGLAND ...

DAVID

Bonjour Mon Ami.
They look superb, are they "triple"plated?
I don't know much about it but apparently if there is an undercoating of I think copper it is a longer lasting finish. Problem is that to do the first plating there is arsenic involved in the process. That is banned down here in Australia so I am thinking it would be in the EU as well.
Do you know anything about these mysteries?
David

good chrome is a three stage process and the way to top chrome is the polishing inbetween the various layers, i think its nickel, copper then the chromiun.

on a side note one of my dads mates was a chromer, he's currently doing around ten years in prison as he was making his own pound coins on the side and the chromers was a front! :shock:

That's right, I wasn't sure of the sequence, but one of them is now banned (damned eco friendly hippies) so the water gets under the chrome easier and the rust comes out. My bumpers are getting on to 5 years old now and they haven't seen the inside of the garage much so I am still reasonably happy with the results. If they last a few more years I may just get them chromed again.
Too many shiny things is nearly enough (for some of us)

slammedkustom said:
on a side note one of my dads mates was a chromer, he's currently doing around ten years in prison as he was making his own pound coins on the side and the chromers was a front! :shock:

did he get found out cos the coins were far too shiney?! :D :p

No, stopped by police for speeding, opened the boot, £60k in dodgy pound coins! your nicked son!! :shock:

Lobus it never rains over there, bit different here!
i think your bumpers would be shiney, you never stop driving long enough for them to rust! :wink:

Latest posts