• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Front seat springs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspira

Reaction score
took my old covers off in readiness to re-cover the passenger front seat and found three springs at the front broken. No wonder the misses has been complaining!

Can you buy the springs or is it easier to find an old seat?

Anyone got any to sell?

Thx

There are 2 types of spring for a start to a pic of which ones you are after would be helpful. Suggestions may be a replacement seat with decent springs unless someone has exactly what you want on the shelf.

I have a pair of decent seats (springs, interlinks, padding) if you cannot get the springs

Thanks for that, ill take a pic today. If they the originals, my van is a 1972 Crossover, US import LED. Not sure if your seats would fit, but if they did that's a good option, so much appreciated.
Stephen

Just what I was hoping for. Shall I send you a pic, or do you think you have the right ones.72 LHD passenger seat? I need 3.

Many thx Scot

Sorry to butt in fellas but im interested in some springs too and a £5 a spring sounds a whole lot better than trying to find another seat.
Im asuming your talking about the three at the front of the seat that are curved (if that makes sense) If so and theres enough available I would too be interested in three :)

I said three but actually the other one was broken so I need four. Hopefully there's enough for all?
Stephen

Here's a couple of pics;
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10173955/295.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10173955/296.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll PM you details
thx - Stephen

Not sure if those spings can be repro'd but they are the ones that usually break. I found it easier to just find another seat when I needed some

so, if anyone knows how to repro these you would have an instant market.

Latest posts