Fuel hose from tank

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking into replacing the fuel hose that goes from the tank to through the tinware.

Will add pictures later, but have the following queries...

1) What was the stock route of the fuel hose from the tank to tinware?
2) Were there originally clips/clamps on the bodywork that secured the hose in place or did it clamp onto the gearbox?
3) Plastic filter just after the tank - Noticed on thesamba a few pictures of buses which have a few inches of hose from the tank, then a plastic filter hanging over the starter. Not wanting to start the old "No plastic filter in the engine bay" discussion here, but isn't this a bit exposed to getting damaged?

Thanks,
Steve

1) fuel line was clipped to chassis leg and then a piece of metal line goes through the tinware.
2) see above
3) Personally I'd put the filter where you can get to it easily, whether it's in the engine bay or not, but I've got one under the tank before a cutoff solenoid to stop any crud blocking the solenoid.

You'd be very unlucky to get anything up above the gearbox that damages the filter. I can only really access mine on a two post ramp.

I put my filter above the gearbox that doesn't need changing for years and then metal pipe through the bulkhead to my pump. I did take the opportunity to install a fuel cut off valve on the tank exit linked to the fuel pump/ distributor for safety

Attachments

• 20200429_143847.jpg
    20200429_143847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200427_144635.jpg
    20200427_144635.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20200523-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20200523-WA0000.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 2
As above, filter above the gear box then a fuel cut off solenoid, this is then joined to a metal pipe going through the bulkhead into the engine bay. The metal pipe goes around the l/h/s of the engine to a short piece of rubber hose to join the mechanical fuel pump.

Latest posts