Fuel problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyandsean

Reaction score
Where to start! Im not the most mechanical minded person but think I sort of understand my problem. Whats happening is when driving if i knock it out of gear to stop at lights ect sometimes it stalls or if I catch it in time and blip the pedel it comes good and stays running. Looking at the card and stuff its ticking over pretty good and air mix seems right but have noticed if I rev it high as the throttle returns it cuts the fuel almost like it needs a dampner on it. Has anyone had this problem and how do I cure it as Im getting sick of re starting it at every junction! :lol:

I had a similar problem with it stalling at junctions although it was mainly when cold. Turned out to be the timing was out

think I may have found the problem as I saw the Dizzy cap jump up to let presure out so god knows what that is :?: :?: :?:

sallyandsean said:
think I may have found the problem as I saw the Dizzy cap jump up to let presure out so god knows what that is :?: :?: :?:

Pressure, bizzare? is it a vacuum dizzy? wouldn't imagine there being any direct flow between the engine and dizzy body - was it just the cap or the whole dizzy itself? :shock:

lard said:
sallyandsean said:

Pressure, bizzare? is it a vacuum dizzy? wouldn't imagine there being any direct flow between the engine and dizzy body - was it just the cap or the whole dizzy itself? :shock:
Just the cap :?: :?: :?: :?

have you got an after market dizzy or cap? it could be that the cap is ill fitting or the wrong size, it is quite common.

It's possible to get pressure under the dizzy cap if there is poor or non existent crankcase breathing. Just a guess - but do you by chnace have a pancake air filter with no breather inlet?

BJ1 said:
It's possible to get pressure under the dizzy cap if there is poor or non existent crankcase breathing. Just a guess - but do you by chnace have a pancake air filter with no breather inlet?
It is a pancake filter but does have a breather. I have put a small notch in the dizzy cap to release the pressure and it seems to be running sweet now :D

Latest posts