Fuel pump rod guide busted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Fuel-pump-flange-Genuine-VW-1960-113127303G_act_shop.product_pID_205113.htm?crumbStartPage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's just one of these isn't it? buy a genuine one, reason being i had 2 sitting at home and the bases were different thickness and as the pushrod needs to be the correct length then it makes sense to have the right height base.

Alex VW Heritage said:
sparkywig said:
One's for a dynamo, the other is for an alternator installation.

The base flanges should be the same with both its just the length of the push rod itself that is different.

This is correct, i don't know where or when i got the base that was thinner but i decided i wasn't worth usingas you genuine ones are £8.

I was always told to sand the plastic down a tad so when it gets hot it can expand.

Sounds like your sorted but I've just had to do this on a built engine which wasn't ideal,

Ended up cutting a thread into the tube with a tap, putting a long bolt in and with some washers and a nut drew the broken piece of mount out of the hole.

Sucks was in the nice and tight! :shock:

Latest posts