Fuel tank outlet elbow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
Just about to upgrade the fuel pipes on the Bus, using the bundle from Machine 7.

However, also ordered one of these, as mine currently has a straight outlet immediately followed by a bend in the rubber pipe, to run across under the tank:

http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=493&xSec=349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly the outlet is designed to draw fuel from around 50mm above the bottom of the tank/mounting surface, presumably to allow any cak to settle out and not get pulled into the filter/pump/engine.

My question is - after draining the fuel using the original line attached to the existing outlet, when I unscrew the retaining nut to remove it, am I going to get covered in the last 50mm of fuel in the tank or does the level remain at where the top of the outlet pipe is?

Many thanks in advance,

Jim

The will be fuel comes out when you undo the nut. I slackened mine off and it the drained - into a container - before taking the nut off.

It's bloody messy and smelly mind.

Just what I was afraid off but hugely grateful for confirming it.

Thanks very much. Off to buy large funnel, acid-proof gauntlets and breathing apparatus..

Thanks again,

Jim

Jimbly said:

acid-proof gauntlets and breathing apparatus..

Thanks again,

Jim

What on earth do you run your bus on? :lol:

Trikky2 said:
Jimbly said:

Thanks again,

Jim

:lol: :lol:

Trikky2 said:
Jimbly said:

Thanks again,

Jim

My own blend of C16, Irn-Bru and the tears caused by another invoice...

You will not get too much out, maybe a pint or so. Make sure you save the gauze, this can be cleaned with carb cleaner and an airline if in serviceable condition.
If fitting the 8mm outlet, you may need to widen the bore of the nut with a round file. Also ensure you use high quality clamps on the pipe as there are no barbs on the big bore outlet so prone to leaking with crap clamps.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts