• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garage clearout

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
Finally managed to get to the back of the workshop and decided to have a clearout, so thought I'd pop this lot up here before facing the deluge of pain that is FleaBay...

Sorry to be a pain but everything is collection only from near Bedford.

Vintage suitcase

I say vintage, it's definitely old and a bit musty but would probably look nice on a roof rack. Both locks work but only one is sprung-loaded, the other sticks but if you have a fingernail somewhere, you can open it. Measures 540mm long x 400mm deep x 210mm high. Fairly battered and a few stickers/bits of stickers. £10

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

Ramps

I bought these along with another pair as I stupidly put bids on two sets and won them both. These are the surplus ones. I've never used them but they look pretty chunky and someone has cut the riser so that it can be removed when the vehicle is on the flat part. Clevis pin keeps the two parts together. 250mm high to flat part, 320mm long x 200mm wide flat section. Not greedy, would like to get back what I paid. £20

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

Spare wheel carrier

Bolts onto the front bumper as well as through front panel. Made of Unobtanium, weighs as much as I do. Very hefty bit of kit and probably worth the asking price if I were to weight it in. £20

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

Stacking picnic sets

There are two; one with four trays and lid, one with three trays and lid. Very cool - you've probably seen these on that bloke's stall at Bug Jam and so on. Bought them with great intentions then never used them. All intact, each tray complete with 'glass', plastic knife, fork and spoon and lids for all three compartments. Recreate that 'Her Majesty's pleasure' mealtime experience... £15 (four-tray), £10 (three-tray) or £20 the pair.

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

Split fuel tank cover

Replaced when I removed the Iberspatcher, Eberpsothcer, Eber... petrol heater. Two-piece fuel tank cover and rubber gasket for ducting. Grubby but solid. £15

IMG_4233.jpg

Interior panels

Complete set of bare fibreboard interior panels BUT NOT the walkthrough bulkhead panels. For a LHD bus. Includes kick panels and very rear panels. Bought from I think VW Heritage but could have been elsewhere - been around four years sat in the workshop. Dry but some surface water marks. Certainly not wet though. One rear wheelarch part missing a corner and large panel opposite door also missing a corner. Tailgate panel slightly bent at one end but I'm sure it will be fine. £125+ in VWH, £40 from Bedford. (Rest of panel photos here: http://s1073.beta.photobucket.com/user/jimblyb/library/Garage%20clearout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

Saw horse/work mate

Two small folding saw horses/work mates. Rescued from my dad's garage. Stand 780mm tall, work surface 610mm wide. 240mm deep when closed, 350mm deep when open and 110mm clamping depth. No idea where they are from before dad's garage. £15 each/£25 the pair. If you want it, I've also got a huge bit of 19mm ply that used to form a table/bench top to sit across them. I guess 8' long by around 18in wide (sorry, haven't measured but can). That's an extra £10.

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

More to follow as I continue my journey to the farthest reaches of the shed, including a full Danbury (?) interior, when I get round to removing the buddy seats. It's the one with the pop-up cooker in the sliding buddy seat... Pics to follow

Latest posts