Getting power to the Ground

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastwagens

Reaction score
Well i am starting to dip into drag racing my 71, and I am wondering what people are doing to prevent wheel hop. in beatles they use camber compensators and intermediate tranny mounts. not sure if there is anything out there to use in a bay.

any insights or pointing in the right direction would be helpful

thanks
Darren

Many moons ago when Ozziedog was very young we used to call it axle hop or axle tramp (In Oz). And we tried all manner of compensaters. In rough terms if you release a lot of HP sharpish you could feel the whole shebang lean to one side, and you can see it if you are directly behind (in front is not a good idea). All the compensaters were a form of or system of levers trying to force the opposite side down, some seemed fairly good but most were too complicated, and just extra kilos at the lights. We did then try with limited success making the rear shock on one side rigid but almost rigid seemed the best with a large tube split in half and jubileed over the shock, same length as shock less whatever give you want in the way of travel, 1/4" ,1/2" or an 1". As a mess around thing it seemed to work but we used to take em off for a long drive, makes your teeth rattle.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Living in the past

Latest posts