Gone higher not sure I like it opinions please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

Got my suspension finally sorted out and the ride is about 200 times better!

Only problem is in order to fix the crappy ride we had to raise tha van up and i'm not sure i like it i feel like its not as cool anymore?

SL370927.jpg

SL370367.jpg

SL370932.jpg

n745000125_642101_4015.jpg

What do you think should i screw the ride and go lower again?

102607233018.jpg

SL370929.jpg

SL370928.jpg

n745000125_642107_6275.jpg

Still looks good to me Dave!

A 15" wheel would fill more of the gap... Obviously tyres play a big part but would 15" wheels offer a better ride if it was lowered a tadge?

Each to their own but in most cases i think the lower the better. I reckon your bus does look loads better before being raising but i don't have to ride in it you do. My bus also had shocking ride on the frt and i went lower and increased to the ride quality with the red9 kit. Your bus your rules!

think the new looks better, if you werent too bothered about the ride you wouldnt have raised it in the first place, now you have best of both worlds.

Looks better without the roof rack too.

What set up you running Dave is it adjustable ?? Mine is low but ride quality aint too bad , and i have 15 and really low profile tyres :)

I liked the look better before I'd go even lower if I could afford it!

It was 2 splines down at the back n adjusters up front but still had original shocks which were nailed so were no use what so ever n the back was resting on the bump stops!

It's now raised a spline at the back with notched plates n new toxic shocks up front I think the backs up 3 inches n the front 1.5 to give it a slight rake!

The ride is almost good now were it was rubbish before so it's worth it in that respect!

Prob be better on show ground n speedbumps to!

It is more practical a bit higher. It won't wear out parts so fast either. Getting on & off of ferries will be easier if you do Euro shows.

You will get used to it fairly quick & won't think about it. It costs a bit to get it low properly.

You could fit alloy wheels, that would compliment the ride height.

HIGHER,HIGHER!!!
Just my opinion...then I do like the front higher than the rear....can't beat a saggy behind,
should see mine.....bus that is.

Dave

Looks good to me as it is now and the ride is important don't let anyone tell you it isn't.

Where did you get the toxic shocks from and are they adjustable?

I had the work done for me by these guys

http://www.deaddubs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really good guys had it mot'd serviced and the shocks fitted n plates notched for £200

I will ask who supplies their shocks I think they cost £75 for the pair I'd imagine there not adjustable for that money

Your bus looks a bit like mine, height, colour, trim, wheels. My tyres however look a bit big now its lowered, what size you running?

The tyres are smaller than they should be stock as per it was lowered originally I think there 155 55 not totally sure thou!

If I kept a similar tyre on 15 the speedo would prob be closer to being right

Latest posts