grand rapids narrowed 69 savanna deluxe ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well been doin a few more bits and bobs this week,finally got R&R bed working and in place ,and got these bad boys in,propa mare to polish still got insides to polish up but doing my box in as so fiddly ,but well happy how they look now in !!!! :D :D
P1050907.jpg

P1050908.jpg

P1050909.jpg

off down to garage tomoz get some more done,still plenty to do unfortunately,but all good fun !!!

Nice looking good. Funny cause I started to polish mine a while back, really hard to work through the oxidation and just got a tiny bit done. But started again this week and almost finished one side - well worth the effort

Looking good mate, windows look sweet! Taking the square to Somerset next week so Shiz gone all been well, then straight on with the bus, at long last! should be on the deck by Vegas!

Hello again all,went to big bang last week on a mission to buy bits for bus,didnt get as much as wanted to as no real good stuff there,so spent all my money on getting rat arsed !!
Its been a busy week at the lock up got quite a bit more done ,really taking shape now,made up with how she is looking,but again still fair bit to do !!! :D :D
Been busy on the old woodwork side of the game,made a bit of a cargo area out of the back,think suits it to be fair,and well practical for sliding stuff in and out !!(cases of ale )....
P1050924.jpg

After the biggest fight ever,managed to make and fit a full length ply headliner,got some J Trim from local trade centre and worked a treat,absolutely killed me getting it in alone,was wobblin like fook,sounded like rolf harris was in the bus with me,but reckon my biggest success yet looks great in one piece..
P1050927.jpg

Also made a dent on the interior,after rackin my head which way to go,finally got a plan together,hope pics give you some idea what im trying to achieve!!
P1050930.jpg

P1050933.jpg

P1050937.jpg

Any way thats the score to date ,back down there tomo get some more done,mainly nice jobs now and a couple little tricks for interior gonna attempt ,see ya later !!! :D :D :D

Damn sweet ride buddy!! youve done a killer job on her - LOVIN IT!

After the biggest fight ever,managed to make and fit a full length ply headliner,got some J Trim from local trade centre and worked a treat,absolutely killed me getting it in alone,was wobblin like fook,sounded like rolf harris was in the bus with me,but reckon my biggest success yet looks great in one piece..

thats funny !!!

coming along very nicely awesome bus !

regards
chris

the looks incredible!

i think this bus is going to be a show winner for sure 8)

Just want to say thanks for all the nice words guys,very much appreciated,before wafflin on too much want to say that many of your buses have been of huge inspiration to my build ,you lot have some killer rides too !!It has been a much bigger job than i thought it would be,i guess its just ran away a bit as they do !!its the first real big job ive took on,and im very happy to say the least,its not perfect,as im sure some will be eager to point out,but i was only out to build a bit of fun ,and mostly something that will be used to the max !So lookin forward now to bringing her out,and maybe meetin up with a few of you guys at some point !!Take it easy all D...... :D :D

F***in Rad dude , a 3 piece headliner is bad enough to put in let alone even attempting a one piece one :shock:
You get a prize from me for that !! :party0047: :worship:

Looks amazing Dave :D

Nice to see a different wood shade other than birch ply that works really well. Loving the wood slats in the rear luggage area. Really neat idea 8)

Johnny said:
where did you buy your wheels dave? i need a pair of centre caps like that.
Hi johnny i bought them off a guy called baggio,pretty well known in the circles,but they took for ever to get,it drove me mental waitin,i think he does a lot of sellin on the samba !!