grand rapids narrowed 69 savanna deluxe ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice work, i have a 68 Savanna beige deluxe. i hope it looks that good someday.

Hi ya Dave thats a cracking resto on Your first bus , You must be very proud of all you've achieved ;) . The wheels look great too . Just incase anyone wants a set the Chrome 5 spokes are availble from CIP 1 in the states

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C32%2DE252C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are $209.00 each and they dont include nuts and bolts a further $51 dollars and you will have to ship and poss pay import duty as well :roll:

P.s there currently out of stock too :roll:

Dave I look forward to seeing your bus at vanfest and A beer or two

Gadget :mrgreen:

my fovorite bus at the moment !!!! love all on it !!! :oops: :roll: 8)

congratulations for this project !!!!!!!!

Helllooo not posted for a while,its been a very busy first year in the bus,loved every minute of the old girl,just come back from four days in rainy Cleethorpes,big group of us went and in true Brit style didnt let the weather spoil it at all,nearly lost the awning on sunday due to the Hurricane winds,but whacked in a few more pegs,and all was grand,treated her to a screen wrap and have to say one of the best things have purchased really big difference compared to them crappy blinds,anyway couple more shots of her !!!! :D :D
P1060225.jpg

P1060234.jpg

P1060235.jpg

:D :D :D

Well helo again,looks like winter is finally leaving us alone and time for some of the good stuff now,been using her on and off over winter but now getting out quite often and weather permitting having first camping weekend next week !!!!Got stuck in with the duster yesterday as volksworld came and did the photoshoot,the weather was unreal ,really chuffed,had a real bad moment though as bus started sinking on the beach,really not a good moment can tell you that for sure !!!! :shock: :shock: Photo shoot went amazing and Steve Sharp did the most amazing job with his camera,thanks mate owe you a beer,heres a couple of my pics bit crappy by steves standards though !!!!Bring on the summer,YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA........ :D :D
P1060765.jpg

P1060769.jpg

P1060775.jpg

P1060767.jpg

Worth bringing Daves bus back to the top me thinks, I love it 8)

Mate reading this has shown me i need to make more effort with mine. Top work!

So is the Delux front window trim plastic or metal?

Just

Just awesome!!! Hope my beige bus comes out half as nice as this.
I just showed my wife your bus and she now agrees with me that ours 'needs' a few extra shiney bits!

Do you have any pics of the front edge of the headliner? Would be interested to see how you have finished it.

Cheers, Daniel.

First off once again thanks for the kind words all,anyway had first weekend away and it was so good to be out and about again in the old girl,thought winter was never going to end,gave the awning a good airing as well even managed to get sunburnt british crabstick stylee !!!! :D :D
P1060789.jpg

P1060799.jpg

P1060798.jpg

More fun on its way.......

Looks crackin mate. Like many others here hope to have my Savannah deluxe in such great shape one day. But we're a long way from that. Great inspiration for my resto this one.

NZ Beige said:
Just awesome!!! Hope my beige bus comes out half as nice as this.
I just showed my wife your bus and she now agrees with me that ours 'needs' a few extra shiney bits!

Do you have any pics of the front edge of the headliner? Would be interested to see how you have finished it.

Cheers, Daniel.
Thanks Daniel and im sure your bus will get there just takes time mate !!!As for the front of the headliner i have no close up shots but it has been scribed to suit the profile of the steelwork where the sun visors mount,hope this helps you buddy,cheers Dave...

Cheers mate, thought it might be something like that. Not many round my area to look at and take notes from.
Will just have to make a big cardboard template first!

Daniel.