grand rapids narrowed 69 savanna deluxe ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely amazing bus, was just wondering what offset your wheels are as i'm looking at getting a set but the guys saying the offset is +15mm which sounds a little low, cheers Seb.

sebroberts83 said:
Absolutely amazing bus, was just wondering what offset your wheels are as i'm looking at getting a set but the guys saying the offset is +15mm which sounds a little low, cheers Seb.
hi seb,as the guys tell you the offset on these rims is pretty pants,but running heavily narrowed beam so not a prob,if stock beam being used poss cause probs if trying to go too low,hope that helps bud !!

Freezzr said:
Really amazing bus!!! :shock:

How is your ride with the 4" narrowed beam?
Thanks mate ,as for the ride a little choppy around town,but to be honest on most roads its absolutely fine ,anyone that says they are silky smooth are full o shite ,its a price you pay mate !!!!!

hi seb,as the guys tell you the offset on these rims is pretty pants,but running heavily narrowed beam so not a prob,if stock beam being used poss cause probs if trying to go too low,hope that helps bud !!

Cheers, i'm currently running a standard beam but it's only on adjusters so can't go too low, just out of interest what tyres you running? do you get any probs with the rears fouling the arch?

davebug said:
Johnny said:
where did you buy your wheels dave? i need a pair of centre caps like that.
Hi johnny i bought them off a guy called baggio,pretty well known in the circles,but they took for ever to get,it drove me mental waitin,i think he does a lot of sellin on the samba !!

Looking at buying a set of eagles off him. Did he take ages after paying or just while shipping them over?? Couldnt find any feedback of him.

Vans looking AWESOME dude! :mrgreen:

Answers to both above are ,front tyres are 165/50s i think,rears are 185/65s i think too,no clearance issues,apart from minor rub on full lock.
And as for wheels,after deposit they must have taken 4-5 months !!!!!fair old wait id say :( :(

Been down garage again most of the weekend,basically sorting out the interior which is coming along just nicely ,got racks assembled and stood in place,as usual for me half the bits were missing,everything i order ends up either wrong or damaged or completely none existant ,must be one of lifes losers !!!Soon gonna be o
on the road now,aiming for 2-3 weeks ,yee haa !!!!! :D :D
P1050951.jpg

P1050955.jpg

;) ;)

Looks amazing mate, should be on the road ready for our BBQ last week in may! Is that a life size sticker of Claire in the back window on the bottom pic :lol:

I take it Cav sorted your hinges mate.

Well finally after about three months got the tailgate assembly fixed,tailgate on ,rear safari(that was a bitch too,dont look very watertight !!) in and been to hell and back re drilling and lining up deluxe trim,hence help of masking tape while bonding goes off,outside close to finish and inside only a few steps behind,been a slog but will be great to eventually use her like she should be used,cheers guys Dave....... :) :)
P1050971.jpg

P1050986.jpg

wow dave your bus is the dogs i really really like it going to start from the beging of your thread now.

this is a really beautiful bus... I just love it.
Is it possible to know where did you get the rear safari window? Are you using the seal that came with it?
:oops:

joaonar said:
this is a really beautiful bus... I just love it.
Is it possible to know where did you get the rear safari window? Are you using the seal that came with it?
:oops:

here...

http://creative-engineering.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=74&Itemid=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finally emerged from hibernation tonight,moved her round the corner to my new lock up ,very close now to being done,just little jobs here there really,looking at spending most of the weekend to get something like,prob take for a spin as well see how she is running,well happy with bus and really looking forward to some camping trips now !!! :D :D
interior taking shape still few bits to do but main parts sorted now....
P1060052.jpg

P1060053.jpg

Few bits still to sort,including major clean through and polish,gonna waxoil all gutters,and bolt racks on properly,its covered in dust and crap,not been polished since painted yet,still buffing compound in every nook and cranny,but guess its not a bad job to sort,hope you like her all,thanks for lookin Dave...
P1060045.jpg

P1060046.jpg

:D :D :D

very cool looking bus mate, can't wait to see it in the flesh.........oh nice to have met you too.