Greetings , new boy in these parts..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambrettatastic

Reaction score
So after a gap of…we’ll quite a few years, I’m back in an air cooled vehicle. Bought a 68 westy today. Previously had a 62 splitty and a 62 bug. A few things to do to make it mine but it’s a great solid bus! After getting out of my Golf gti, the brakes were…interesting! And the steering not as sharp, but can’t wait to get her home and do some fettling… stand by for lots of questions!😂
I live near Chippenham in Wiltshire and restore Lambretta scooters for a hobby…

Attachments

• 3AF62F38-F03E-4823-B9CA-28FC471CB004.jpeg
    3AF62F38-F03E-4823-B9CA-28FC471CB004.jpeg
    553.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi there!
Welcome to earlybay!
What a gorgeous westy, got yourself a stunner there.
What made you switch from very early VWs to an earlybay?
I lived next to a guy called Aidy who imports Lambrettas and sells parts from Italy, he’s got his business in Sheffield. Just out of the blue you might know him.
Welcome again and have lots of joy with your bus 😊

Morning to you, and welcome. That’s a great looking bus and about as early as an early bay can be. Things move on technically speaking and if you move in the opposite direction as you just have, steering , braking etc etc can indeed become very ‘interesting’ . I’m straight down the A420 from you on the edge of Bristol. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,some good buys about I’m guessing :)

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your beautiful bus!
Cool hobby, what do you do with the scooters once restored?

Hi there!
Welcome to earlybay!
What a gorgeous westy, got yourself a stunner there.
What made you switch from very early VWs to an earlybay?
I lived next to a guy called Aidy who imports Lambrettas and sells parts from Italy, he’s got his business in Sheffield. Just out of the blue you might know him.
Welcome again and have lots of joy with your bus 😊
Thank you…well the splitty was a great looking bus…until I tried to fit safaris…then we uncovered a whole world of pain! eventually I had to sell it as was beyond my skill level. My bug was great, until someone drove into the back of it. Didn’t really intentionally move away, I changed jobs , needed a van so got a T4,then a new T5 and so on. Changed jobs again,didn’t need a van so got a Golf gti. Always wanted another bus…so started looking…and it had to be an early!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your beautiful bus!
Cool hobby, what do you do with the scooters once restored?
Thank you…It is just a hobby, so mostly for myself, always promise myself I will not sell the one I have, but get bored! I have recently restored one for a friend who’s dad bought it new in 1960. My current build, red and black,and a friends

Attachments

• F25664B0-5D90-4F67-AAD5-C7D810B5B4C0.jpeg
    F25664B0-5D90-4F67-AAD5-C7D810B5B4C0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 90E81E8C-166D-47A6-BEBC-621CE774DC28.jpeg
    90E81E8C-166D-47A6-BEBC-621CE774DC28.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Morning to you, and welcome. That’s a great looking bus and about as early as an early bay can be. Things move on technically speaking and if you move in the opposite direction as you just have, steering , braking etc etc can indeed become very ‘interesting’ . I’m straight down the A420 from you on the edge of Bristol. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,some good buys about I’m guessing :)
Thanks mate… been following your build…some good work. The new bus needs a little work but already had a lot done, new engine, carbs, suspension…
had all new upholstery which isn’t to my taste,but an easy fix. I’m happy with what I paid, seen more expensive rusty buses!

Thanks mate… been following your build…some good work. The new bus needs a little work but already had a lot done, new engine, carbs, suspension…
had all new upholstery which isn’t to my taste,but an easy fix. I’m happy with what I paid, seen more expensive rusty buses!
SX 200 had one many moons ago :)

Lovely bikes, I've a TS1 225 GP200, a PX200 and a 50 Special myself, and a couple of vespa twist and gos. I've had a few Series 2s over the years but the handling on them just puts me off. Never had an SX but there's still time !

Lovely bikes, I've a TS1 225 GP200, a PX200 and a 50 Special myself, and a couple of vespa twist and gos. I've had a few Series 2s over the years but the handling on them just puts me off. Never had an SX but there's still time !
A good collection there mate..50 spec was my first scooter at 16…loved it!, and yes, there’s always time!

Thank you…It is just a hobby, so mostly for myself, always promise myself I will not sell the one I have, but get bored! I have recently restored one for a friend who’s dad bought it new in 1960. My current build, red and black,and a friends
Nice Lambrettas you have there. Great resto work!

Latest posts