• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy of EARLYBAY chrome BADGE BAR badges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. Zeberdee x1

I don`t have a badge bar , but i`m sure i`ll find somewhere to put it . :?

1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. Zeberdee x1
7. Nickb x 1

I'm very interested did like the Porsche style which was doin the rounds last year 8) but whatever I'm putting it on my jailbars like to keep my front clutter free. ;)

Hi guys, i really like the idea,and think it's good you take the time out and effort to get this project rolling.I also don't want to sound negative, but pesonally i would of rathered a badge, more original to the older type of badges that were used for various car clubs,maybe chrome over brass would be asking too much, especially with the costs nowadays, but would it be possible to have it made of all metal? I know it would most probably cost it bit more, but would look more fitting for the bus in my opinion. Regards Mark.

celtic nomad said:
Hi guys, i really like the idea,and think it's good you take the time out and effort to get this project rolling.I also don't want to sound negative, but pesonally i would of rathered a badge, more original to the older type of badges that were used for various car clubs,maybe chrome over brass would be asking too much, especially with the costs nowadays, but would it be possible to have it made of all metal? I know it would most probably cost it bit more, but would look more fitting for the bus in my opinion. Regards Mark.
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your comments.I agree that a solid metal badge would be more in keeping with a bus. The problem is that old chestnut - cost! Rikki James started a thread some time ago suggesting a brass badge similar to a porsche owners club badge but it never got off the ground. It was about £50 per badge - thats a lot of poppy for some people. Thats why I offered to arrange this cheaper version,yeah I know it looks cheaper but there is nothing else available.I recently had an original Institute of Advanced Motorists badge re chromed = £20. Can you imagine the cost of designing a club badge,having it converted to program,tooling a machine to produce it,have them chromed and polished then getting them out to everyone?! This thread is limping along at £30 a piece,the other metal badge thread went a similar way at £50.
Mark, I whole heartedly agree that a chrome over brass badge would be the best & look superb but I honestly don't think people would pay what it would cost to get them produced mate.after all it would only be earlybayers interested, and not all of us at that.I'm not after any glory for arranging this, so if anyone knows of a place that may produce a limited run of metal badges feel free to chip in and we can see what the consensus is.thanks for the input Mark, I appreciate your ideas! ;)

Kind Regards - Rob ( Doris )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking about Marks thoughts above, has anyone got a more retro style design for a club badge? Need some ideas thrown about here chaps...

Chequered flags always look good, but then, does that suggest a racing theme?

How about double wreath ...or does that suggest british motoring i.e. triumph??

How about incorporating the german colours, black, red and yellow into the badge?

How about a witty slogan "always early - never late!"

Or "The Original Bay Window" around the bottom edge?

Do we just want a sensible front view of an EB on a black-yellow-red background with " earlybay.com " around the top and maybe "1968 - 1972" around the bottom???

Would you want your username included? ( may cost more though) ?

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Hello, I'm fairly new to this forum and new to early bays, partner Dan having bought Rosie back in August. I'm a freelance Graphic Designer and am happy to have a look at designing a couple of options for you!

Personally, I think a simple classic design, probably using just one or two colours would work best. It needs to be something that won't date too quickly and will have curb appeal, quite literally!

If you get a general consensus going about what needs to be on the badge, text-wise, I'll have a little go at it next week as I'm working from home on a website then and will be able to fit it in. Also any specifications you have from the supplier would be handy.

Nats

Hi everyone, Fairly new to this site so be gentle! How about the classic AA or RAC design of badge but with the letters EB instead? The wings/crown at the top could be replaced with VW and there would be plenty of space around the edge for some script. I'm sure it could be cnc/laser cut cheaply and if made as a two piece item, then a backing of a suitable or individual colour to fill in? Feel free to slate me now.

Regards, Si

PS. I'm on the hunt for a CB breather tower/filler.

Hi I have been watching this thread with interest, as I like the idea of the original suggestion but realised that most peps cant afford the cost of an enamel badge.

So how about this for an idea.

Stick with the current idea but combine two original ideas

Here is my thoughts on a design for the badge

EBmk2.jpg

Its a bit rough , but I am sure you will get the idea.

1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. blogdroed
7. olive-bay

Cheers for adding me in :) yep still interested too (looked like blogroed got dropped off so re-added to the list)

Nugsy said:
1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. blogdroed
7. olive-bay
8. terrier man

Cheers for adding me in :) yep still interested too (looked like blogroed got dropped off so re-added to the list)

Looks like I Got to add myself :cry: not that happy being the Garden-Gate :cry: ;) :lol:

1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. blogdroed
7. olive-bay
8. terrier man
9. toffo24 x1

Oh go on then it's nearly Christmas. Thing is I'll then need a badge bar, then a good bumper to put it on, then a good van to put the bumper on ........am I doing this the correct way?!

1. Doris x1
2. lobie x1
3. anto x1
4. kombi zombie x1
5. nugsy x1
6. blogdroed
7. olive-bay
8. terrier man
9. toffo24 x1
10. meowdmucker x1

Hi, I've seen a few T shirts at shows which have a simple print of a bay on them.
It consists of a few simple lines showing the partial outline of a lowloght bay. It uses a single colour ink for the print & is very effective.
I'm thinking that this would be relatively easy to laser cut in stainless steel & even laser engrave with a logo. Copyright may or may not be an issue :msn4:

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'll keep hunting for a pic. I nearly bought one :oops:
Perhaps someone out there did & knows what I mean.

Phil.

Found it.
There's a Tshirt for sale on VZI & here's a pic

Badgepic.jpg

This is sort of what I meant but I'm sure an arty person would make a better job than me.

Earlybaybadge1.jpg

The way it is drawn from short lines means it can be cut out without falling apart.
Mild steel could be chrome plated but I don't know what you'd do for the letters.

Just an idea. Give it to me straight ..... it's no good is it :cry:

Phil.

Latest posts