• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group buy of EARLYBAY chrome BADGE BAR badges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Rosie, well worth the wait. :D

No.4 does it for me, in the colour scheme of No.1., as a 'sticky'.

And I could easily be persuaded to go with No.2,again in the reverse colours of No.1, as a 'cut out'.

Damn it, I could go with any of them... :lol:

Great so far Nats, THANK YOU for your work on this! :worship:

are you open to suggestions? :mrgreen: This is where it all started....

porschebadge.jpg

Could you come up with something along the theme of this Porcsche club badge?.imo Its ideal because the chequered flag hints toward motoring and it incorporates the years, in our case 68-69-1970-71-72.also the globe back ground suggests the nature of our forum & that VW's are known the world over.
maybe 'earlybay.com' through the middle with 'always early - never late' around the outside above and below.Also,the 'earlybay.com' is in the style of the tail gate badge and our forum front page.maybe make _E_A_R_L_Y_B_A_Y_._C_O_M_ more prominant across the front?? what do you think? is it do-able?

I have made a quick sketch close to the original badge, with the kids felt tip pens to show what I mean.....
EBPorschestylebadge.jpg

Kind Regards - Rob

Rob, is that to be done in metal and enamelled just like the porche one? I can have a go provided a few more people are keen on the idea, it'll take a couple of hours on top of the day I spent already, so don't want to waste time if it's too expensive to produce. let's wait for some more feedback before proceeding. I like it in the metal, but don't think it will work as well in the resin, a bit busy, also the type would have to be tiny and only readable very close up.

The other thought I had to balance up with the chequered flag, was to somehow incorporate the other side of early bay ownership, that is, the leisure side, ie camping, holidays etc., not sure how though!

Ok Nat,the metal is a no no due to cost, it worked put at £50+

We're basically looking for a design that can be printed as a sticker. The badge company run a few stickers off, stick them onto the flat chrome badge,then put a clear sticky resin done on top.

Not sure about the camping thing as many off the lads n lasses do not have a camper, I.e crew cab, tin top, surf bus etc.I did like the idea of the rear vents though - cool! maybe the vent design on the other side of the chequers with the years going vertically through the middle??
Once again,on behalf of us.. thanks for your help!!

Your badge will be free of course ;)

So what do you all think of the Porsche style badge everyone ? Yay or nay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. Good point about the different types of buses! I should know, we spent a year looking for a dormobile conversion and ended up with a tintop microbus! (she is lovely though ;) ).

Shame about the metal option, would have looked really classic. But hey we can still come up with a good result in the resin, I'm sure. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the opinions!

Doris said:

We're basically looking for a design that can be printed as a sticker. The badge company run a few stickers off, stick them onto the flat chrome badge,then put a clear sticky resin done on top.

Not sure about the camping thing as many off the lads n lasses do not have a camper, I.e crew cab, tin top, surf bus etc.I did like the idea of the rear vents though - cool! maybe the vent design on the other side of the chequers with the years going vertically through the middle??

Hi Rob,
I for one really like the porsche design. Some of the designs done by Rosie (esp 1,2 5) with the bay outline are very similar to that on a t-shirt I bought at a show so hope we don't infringe on anybody's copy right? Some really nice designs though. Of these I prefer number 2.

meowdmucker said:
Doris said:

Hi Rob,
I for one really like the porsche design. Some of the designs done by Rosie (esp 1,2 5) with the bay outline are very similar to that on a t-shirt I bought at a show so hope we don't infringe on anybody's copy right? Some really nice designs though. Of these I prefer number 2.

Anyone know of any potential copyright issues with the Porsche badge guys? Don't want to waste Rosie's time on this.

Hello all
Liked them all!
I do like the design based on the Porsche badge by rob, if it came out a bit more money for a metal badge, I would still go for it, a bit of a one off special for early bay users!
But also liked design No2!
Thanks all as I'm no use!!

meowdmucker said:

Just had a half hour breather between jobs so had a quick tinker with design 2 after you comments about copyright which is a good point (I had just traced round said t-shirt design that someone posted on the thread before, as it seemed popular, to get the idea going).

Anyway on you mentioning that, had a brainwave (it happens occasionally), try and make it less like the t-shirt by making the text more integral. Anyway, here's what I just came up with quickly...

Rosie said:
meowdmucker said:

Just had a half hour breather between jobs so had a quick tinker with design 2 after you comments about copyright which is a good point (I had just traced round said t-shirt design that someone posted on the thread before, as it seemed popular, to get the idea going).

Anyway on you mentioning that, had a brainwave (it happens occasionally), try and make it less like the t-shirt by making the text more integral. Anyway, here's what I just came up with quickly...
Yes, I like that, but pic is very dark but could be my contact lenses!

Design 2a looks good to me too. It is distinctive, simple and once the contrast is boosted in the colour scheme, will stand out from the crowd.

The slight problem with the Porche badge, IMO, is that it is fussy, and the elements need to be explained, which sort of defeats the object.

Lovin' 2a...which is sort of ironic given that is what we all drive :lol:

Doris design for me all day... I not sure you have to worry about copyright a this was for the US club ad UK to it. And there you go. Although Doris’s design is similar in looks its should different enough to not to cause a problem.(if it does change the colours tweak the design slightly add a half a VW badge on the other side of the chequer if necessary). If it was metal I would have one , although that may out for some people cost may be an problem. In which case I would defiantly settle for a non-metal version , this is a classic style design and would look correct for the era of our busses..

Other than that no 4 as it’s an original design. I think we should keep the colours monochrome as would the original colour scheme may not suit some coloured buses.
Just my thoughts hope it helps.

Just waiting for a few more people who want badges to give some feedback on all the options (including porche lookalike) before I do any more work on this.

Love the work you've done Rosie, you time is much appreciated, its hard designing one that everyone will like as everone has different opinions....

I like No2, I also like the Porsche design, that's no help at all really is it!!!! The Porsche design is a lot more 'Old Skool' looking which might go with more peoples vans, ratty or shiny.......I've made a decision....I like the Porsche design.

But I'd be more than happy to wear No2 on my bus with pride :)

Jay71 said:
Love the work you've done Rosie, you time is much appreciated, its hard designing one that everyone will like as everone has different opinions....I'd be more than happy to wear No2 on my bus with pride :)

Despite loving design 2a best, and initially finding the Porche design fussy, it is growing on me. In fact, I'd be happy to wear whichever design got the most support.

That's the trouble with having a choice...give me an empty car park and I can spend 10 minutes finding the right bay, give me a full one and I'll home in on that one vacant spot like a pigeon.

Well, I could have a look at doing a more simplified version of the porche one, as it seems to be popular, just make it a bit more relevant to early bays. What i need to know though is whether the design is to be for a metal one like the original or a colour version in the resin.

Can we just have a count up to get a proper idea of takers for a metal one. I think the cost is at least £50+ each, don't know if there is a minimum order on this type of thing. Doris, do you have the lowdown on that?

Latest posts