Handbrake setup

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Time to get my handbrake installed on my 71 early bay.. was purchased as a rolling shell so no points of reference with existing installed parts. I’ve run new handbrake cables, and now looking to attach to the bottom of the handbrake arm.. I’ve purchased a handbrake pull rod, and am now looking to attach to the bottom of the main handbrake arm... c&c and heritage show the pull rod connecting via a pin N0231531 and lock nut N0236241. Looks pretty forward by looking at a friends late bay, but if I look at mine, it’s different... do I have a bus where the handbrake adjusters are inside the cab at the base of the handbrake arm? If so... what parts do I need to connect the cables to the adjusters..

Does anyone have any pics of how the mechanism works for a setup where the adjusters are inside the cab?

Here's the page from the parts microfiche.

t205800.gif

You'll probably be better off buying a complete handbrake set up from someone like Simon at NOSVW.
Or there's this on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Camper-Bay-T2-complete-handbrake-Assembly/233224090668?hash=item364d3d342c:g:wrEAAOSwCTpc1qKg

My 71 has the adjusters at the bottom of the lever inside the cab, but the cables route via a curved bit of metal then straight to the rear brakes.

Latest posts