Hazard and Indicator problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali_bay

Reaction score
Hi, one for the electrical wizards.

Been converting from US to UK lighting setup. Before I began I noticed that the indicators or the hazard lights did not work, but thought I would proceed and get the wiring change completed first before resolving these.

Fitted the new head lamps and moved the feed from the US side lights to the new headlamp units. Located and moved the indicator wires from the rear lamps to the reversing lamps. Then disconnected the yellow wire from the harzard relay ready to connect to the brake lights (not completed yet). Tested the headlights/tail lights and these all worked correctly appart from the high beam, which would only operate when the hazard relay was pulled out? Went through the wiring diagram and a picture of the indicator switch wiring and realised that the brown and black/green/white wires had been resoldered in the wrong way round. Felt sure this would crack it.

It did solve the main/dip beam problem as this now worked with the harzard switch on or off, but I still have no indicators or hazard lights :(

When I pull the hazard light switch out I get a single flash of the lamps (and you can hear the relay click), but nothing at all with the indicator switch. I am thinking either indicator relay, hazard switch or both are knackered? Thought I would try the hazard switch out of our crossover, but it is different (2 terminal less).

:? :? :? So I am now stumped, please can anyone help? Is there a way to test the relay and switch?

When i got our bus the indicators and hazards were intermitent, would work sometimes , others only give a single click. Found that one connection on relay was dodgy ( connection on relay loose / hanging off, not wire ) replaced relay with a 3 pin item from Halfords, All sorted.

First thing i would do is check earths, continuity and connections, if still a problem then look at relay etc.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Dave

Got a new 3 pole relay today, fitted it and I now have hazards and indicators.

:bliss:

Thanks for the pointer Dave. :D

Latest posts