Headight adjuting screw!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After replacing the headlight bulb on my bus i had to cut off one of two screws which seem to be the adjustment screw for headlight beam,is this right?

well if so i need one of these screws i think. it seems to be intergrated with the headlight holder.

Is there anywhere i can get one of these or will it have to be another headlight and will this screw affect MOT as im thinking it might if it is adjusting??

Thanks for the help

Cheers

Alex

One screw does vertical allignment the other does horizontal allignment, yes this will affect the mot and will not go down well with motorists heading the opposite direction at night. It might be worth trying a local fastener supplier or ironmonger for replacements, got to be 3-4mm metric screws. As an ex sparky i do remember being able to get extended 3.5mm socket box screws in similar sizes, so it might even be worth trying an electrical wholesaler if all else fails. Hope this is of some help :?:

have i got the right headlightfitted as i`ve looked on heritage and it seems to be a 74> that has the cage and the adjusting screws?????????? and the headlamp rims are 1 screw??????

Confused

Alex

mine is 71 and has 1 screw sealed beam units from factory. But its an import, I think US buses had the sealed units before Euro vans did.

Right! Found that i have 74> headlamps(1 screw type)

But i think this maybe because its had a newfront panel replaced.

Will i still be able to fit 68-73 headlamps straight in or will the fact i dont have original front panel cause the origanal lights not to fit???

Cheers

Alex

Latest posts