Headlight flasher relay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAWKEYE

Reaction score
Hi all, my flasher relay stopped working, I pulled it apart and there was a lot of water damage e.g. rust. I sprayed it up with wd40 & cleaned the contacts. Its working now.... but for how long?. I have bought a new one from Alex at Herritage & he says that I need to my a wiring harness/loop because the new type relay is different to the old type. So does anyone have a diagram or drawing of where the wires should go. Or where can I buy the old type relay. My bus is a 1970 rhd sa west. Any help greatly appreciated.

Don't have link to hand but believe Nigel skeet wrote up a great article on the JK forum for this

Regarding rust .... Check your windscreen seal is in good order near side bottom corner - if this leaks water gets in, and drips down on to the fuse box and fills up your relays with water.... Temp fix with some sealant to prevent new relay going the same way ;)

Is your van a US import?
If so, it should have four terminals. The new one would more than likely have five. The extra one requires a live feed from your fusebox. This will than allow you to flash your headlights when the lights are off.

Thanks guys , my van is a SA import. I will make temp seal of the window seal for now & also search for the JK link.
Once again thanks for your help.

Latest posts