HELLO Everyone and here is Project Ciderbahn

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillmorecider

Reaction score
First and foremost........HELLO!

I am Alex, Al (Silky if you must) and after reading the forum for a bit and now deciding that 2008 is gonna be a productive and more organised year

I have had three beetles and also a 1970 bay with my old man and boy am I mad that we ever sold it...... but then again we never knew they would become so popular and expensive!!!

I bought a early 72 danbury late last year and have been searching for somewhere to build my dream..... so that me the missus(thats her in the pics looking all smug) and my little un can have loads of fun.

It needs a fair bit of work now got a workshop so that is all good hopefully you lot can guide me through it!

Hence the name "Project Ciderbahn" = No cider till its done :(

I will post some pics in a minute but one thing thats buggin me..... The front panel was replaced by the last owner..... would I have had lowlights on it making it a coss-over?? surely it was.....

Anyway hope to meet you all soon and have a natter and a beverage!

Heres to 2008

Al

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00145-1.jpg

Hi and welcome to the fold...

Nice looking crossover you have there and correct thats a late front clip, its usual to plate the indicators over and remount the low lights also remove the late bulge (though some fit an early badge and thin out the centre portion so it fits over the bulge snugly).

Good luck with the resto... :D

Cheers for that.... cant wait to get started... been reading far too many threads on her gaining loads of inspiration. I will try to get as many pics as possible.

And hopefully when I stumble you guys will be my saviour!

Ello 8)

All the best with the project Dude.Some times is seams like its not worth the stress but stick with it..It will all come good in the end. :)

Oooh I can see another great crossover coming out of this one :D Mind you give up cider 'till it's done :shock: Not on your nelly :lol:
Where abouts in the country are you????
Good luck :wink:

I am in Wells Somerset, Looking for a club to join and meet some "New friends" or even just some people keen on helping me through this.... probably a psychiatrist!!

Well if you're willing to travel dude myself and Easy (both regulars on here) run The Old Volks Club which is based in Bristol :wink: Really top bunch of guys and girls who love VW's, chilling and drinking, especially our own home brewed cider :p My mate lives near to you too and comes to the meets and all the camping trip and shows in his splitty and says it's not too far. Check out the website if you're interested at http://www.theoldvolksclub.co.uk or pick up a copy of this months camper and bus magazine as we're featured in there too :D
Plug over :lol:

Hello and welcome. :D

Nice looking Danbury you've got there. Looking forward to watching progress of your restoration work. :D

Doug

Latest posts