Hello to everyone and Our 72 delux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali-Bay

Reaction score
Just poped in to say hello :D

This is our first bus and we carnt wait for the shows to start this year!!
We have been going to VW shows for a while and saveing up the cash to buy "Fred" as my mrs calls it. hope you like him.
It is in its original paint and has lots of stone chips etc (adds to character) and i have a Westy interior to go in and a set of BRMs will be making a appearance :D
My aunty gave us a cool 70s awning so we are all set to go !! Just got to get cracking and kit it out, and fit a new petrol tank.

Anyways, this website looks very cool and a big hello to you all :D

Picture617.jpg

Picture618.jpg

Picture608.jpg

Welcome and nice looking bus, does it currently have a camping interior or is it a microbus? Whats wrong with the petrol tank?

Always good to have another DeLuxe join the ranks! Six DeLuxe vans formed a line-up at VanFest last year and we are looking to do another at a selected show this year. Baron (the one and only Baron) is the guy to pm to be kept informed. Welcome!

Loxy said:
Welcome and nice looking bus, does it currently have a camping interior or is it a microbus? Whats wrong with the petrol tank?

Hi mate.
Its a microbus but it had no rear seating when i got it, picked up a 69 westy interior and westy side windows to go in it. I brought all new delux window rubbers for it but the rear wing window frames are shot so the westy windows will do nicely. The petrol tank is full of rust and keeps cloging filters up.

Always good to have another DeLuxe join the ranks! Six DeLuxe vans formed a line-up at VanFest last year and we are looking to do another at a selected show this year. Baron (the one and only Baron) is
the guy to pm to be kept informed. Welcome!

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome. I saw them mate :D the ones in the hall ?. Very nice and they gave me some ideas for mine.
Actually been looking at the photos i took of them today. That brown one is tops !!

Welcome and love the awning - groovy baby 8)
Your bus looks most excellent as well :D

Welcome! Your van is the twin of mine, even down to the stone chips on the front! good luck with the interior too
Image093.jpg

Cali-Bay said:

nice curtains, you should follow that as you interior colour scheme : )

and hello, always good to find new deluxe owners : D

I wish I'd put a westy interior in mine, I got it with no interior, but had a modern one made up, which is ok, but a bit lacking character

mine was the red one on the end of the display at vanfest

the brown one I think you mean is kevdonlon, who's posted in the gallery, a very smart bus

mattyd72 said:
Welcome! Your van is the twin of mine, even down to the stone chips on the front! good luck with the interior too
Image093.jpg

Very cool. Would be good to get a photo of them parked next to each other 8) Have been looking at your thread on here and your interior is looking great !!

Thanks for the comments everyone. Baron, i think you are right about the colours for the interior. Ive got some proper 70s curtans that the mrs is going to make up for the camper, they are even more groovy than the ones in the awning, orange,yellow and red flowers on a brown background (you get the picture :lol: )
Ive also got 2 large sheets of 70s poker dot formica in these colours so anything could happen LOL!!

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very cool. Would be good to get a photo of them parked next to each other Have been looking at your thread on here and your interior is looking great !!

Thanks very much, good luck with your interior and keep us up to date on your progress

Welcome, nice bus.

Glad to see there are still a few nice (one year only) crossover vans.

Latest posts