Hello!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint_fighter

Reaction score
Hello,

Saw the displays at vanfest and thought i better come and join in the fun.
We have a 72 crossover Danbury
100_0901.jpg

I checked to make sure that it counts!

It was in my local vw mechanics yard for 7 years so is pretty solid. I had some welding done behind the rear bumper and future plans include a new cab floor. Someone welded a couple of patches years ago and they look crap.

I have changed the exhaust and added twin 36 DRLA's
100_1579.jpg

It will need a new beam in the next year or so and will be mildly lowered at that time :D

welcome halfpint. again, another bus with my favorite colour, Chianti red... nice 8)

Welcome :)

Do you know what the wheels are? They look unusual - I like 'em :)

Tofufi said:
Welcome :)

Do you know what the wheels are? They look unusual - I like 'em :)

They are a vw accessory hubcap. Might be an american thing cos karmann konnection had a T25 that came over with 3 of them on (so now i have 3 spares as they were gonna bin em).
100_0907.jpg

Welcome aboard...!!

As this is about the best VW forum you can find I'm sure you'll have lots of fun....!!

Nice van by the way.....

Like to say welcome and hope you enjoy the ride.................
(watch for those bumps and biscuits :wink: )

Welcome! Good to hear our efforts at Vanfest brought new people in.

Also - have seen your other posts and it's great to find someone getting into the spirit immediately.

I have a JK forum account but rarely go on there, just never liked the feel of it.

Went on dubtime for a bit then kinda forgot about it.

I was on VZi until it bust! Some people on there are idiots but technical help was always good and i love looking at the restorations and pics.

Never tried the samba, just use it for part hunting/dreaming.

I check out the uk baja club as i love baja's. had to sell ours to get the bay.

This site seems really good and proves early bays are best!

It's a tenuous link but the stories are worth an airing...

One of my former tutees was a short-arse known as half pint. He left school and got a girl in trouble. He had no job so tried to rob the local Co-op. He did his best and wore a stocking mask but the manager recognised him saying 'pack it in half pint - I know it's you'. Silly bugger got two years in Feltham for his trouble.

The group five years younger than him had a dodgy character too. This one was on Crimewatch as London's Most Wanted Man. He had kidnapped someone who then escaped twice but only after being tortured. This guy got life.

I have taught some nice kids too... The guy who does my van was in the same class as the former drummer for Oasis - I knew James and his daft mate Dennis, not the famous guy. In the end it was worth knowing James I guess!

Latest posts