Help desperately needed!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsailor

Reaction score
I find myself on the edge of sanity, everything crossed someone out there can help.

After being delivered home on a low loader last weekend (unrelated issue?) I came to park Doris only to find she had developed another electrical glitch. Deep breath.......on starting her the horn sounded continually, removing the ignition to kill the engine I was surprised to find that not only was the horn still sounding but the engine was still running! Being the early hours of Monday morning I decided only option was to remove earth strap from battery......still no change, Wtf, ok remove the live from the battery.......still nothing! In desperation I grounded the live on the engine deck and everything died.

I've since checked under the front for anything obvious, the steering column earth, fuses, relays, disturbed wires NADA, zilch, bugger all! When I put the ignition on now (with battery all reconnected) I get nothing, no warning lights, nothing. When I then turn the ignition off the warning lights come on and the horn sounds.

I'm now at a complete loss as to where to go, any ideas, information or offers of help would be greatly appreciated.
:(

I get this now and again when I let the battery totally discharge, once charged I turn ignition on and the horn sounds constant.
Solution is disconnect the horn and reconnect. :lol:

Latest posts