HELP - ENGINE FITTING PROBLEMS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
HELP!

I am in the process of replacing my blown engine.

I have obtained a 1600 SP never run (stood for a few years). I have built it up, putting all the ancillaries on (nice way to spend a bank holiday)

Finally came to put the rear engine support bar on and the block is different from my old one (under the pulley), the fixings are not there!!

Has anyone encountered this problem and how did you resolve it?

I have thought about fabricating something to support the engine and fixing it to the support bar.

Or just fasten it to the gearbox as in a beetle with no rear mounts (not sure if this is wise surely if it didn't need the support volkswagen wouldn't have fitted one).

AAARRGGHH!!!! Feel quite low at the moment.

sounds like you need an adaptor plate, most of the suppliers sell them so you can convert a bug case to fit a bus, around £16 i think.
fits where the oil pump is
i wouldnt run it without as it puts too much stress on the top mounts :wink:

I encountered this problem on my old engine. If you look on the left hand side of the case there is a blank that can be drilled and tapped so you can mount the left hand side of the yolk to the case, so that there is not so much stress on the face of the oil pump.

AC1019148.jpg

Latest posts